Sunday, December 22, 2013

Birchbox - Mystery Sample Pack

A few weeks ago I ordered some stuff from Birchbox (ALL food items, might I add. Zero beauty stuff. I know...wth, right?) and, just like the last time I ordered full-size products from them, I got my order in about a week. Why can't my monthly box get here as quick? Anyway, I wanted to share what I got in my Mystery Sample Pack (free with any $35+ order, $10 otherwise). I've heard some mixed reviews about the sample pack; some like the value, others think it's a total waste. It was my first time getting one so I had no idea what to expect.


Harvey Prince Eau Flirt
Birchbox describes this scent as "sweetly mischievous." I honestly smelled nothing sweet about it. I tend to gravitate toward the fruitier but subtle fragrances. This one was way too much for me. My first thought that came to mind was Hmm...incredibly seductive. Since I am on the opposite side of the spectrum from seductive, this will most likely go in my set-it-and-forget-it pile.

 
Mally Evercolor Starlight Watercolor Eye Liner - in Sailor
Normally I'm not one to swoon over makeup products - especially eye makeup. Sure, it looks nice, but I lack the time and patience to spend time applying eye liner/shadow and mascara every morning before stepping out of the house. But this waterproof & smudge proof eye liner really piques my interest. It claims to go on smoothly like a gel but stay on like a pencil. I am the absolute worst at using gel liner so I usually use a wet angled brush with a bit of shadow and pass it off as eye liner. Easy to apply, but horrible at staying put. I think I may have to give Mally a try. It glides on nicely and is a super dark navy blue that I think looks more like black, my favorite eye liner color. Retailing at $15, I think this is a steal that made the mystery pack totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment