Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Craft Loot!

I normally don't do posts for online orders I receive, but I'm just so excited about this one and wanted to share it with all of you. Sure, the package took 3 1/2 weeks to get to me, but the giddiness I felt opening it was like a 5 year old on Christmas morning and made the wait all worth it. I recently discovered a company called EK Success Brands which produces products under popular brand names such as EK Tools and Martha Stewart Crafts. Since then EK Success has become one of my favorite places to browse crafting supplies since they cover paper crafting, needlework, stamping, and jewelry making. 

The only downside is the shipping fees, as with most companies shipping to HI (begin mini rant): Five-dollar flat rate shipping specials? Fine print: Except Alaska and Hawaii. Free shipping(asterisk)? Applies only to the 48 contiguous states. HI is not quite International but almost, so let's charge halfway between domestic and international shipping fees. You get my point. On the bright side, if you spend a load of money then shipping is free! AND it applies to AK and HI! So of course I make a list of things I want and finally when it hits that sweet dollar amount a year later, I go nuts get my products AND my free shipping. So you can see why I was so so SO excited to get this order. Especially since I have all these card ideas taking up precious brain space that I could be using for something mundane like work. 

So what did I get? As you can see, a buttload. Mostly from K&Company, Jolee's Boutique, and Martha Stewart Crafts. Stickers, chip board, accents, washi tape, adhesives, stamps, and borders covering special occasions from weddings to birthdays to newborns. Plus a few I bought just cause I thought they were pretty. I'm not too much into pricier things such as punches and dies (yet), so I haven't felt the need to buy them. And I've been cheaping out on buying the "right" tools for the job because plain ol' scissors and rulers have been working fine for my purposes. I know, a hardcore true crafter somewhere is probably cringing at my lack of diligence, but let's face it: I'm a newbie and I'm cheap. Hopefully one day I can earn the title of "Crafter," but for now I'm fine with "cheap noob." Thanks for letting me share my loot with you guys. I'm so excited to dig right in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment