Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Smiley360 Mission - Airborne Gummies


I qualified for the Airborne mission from Smiley360 a little before Thanksgiving last year. The email said it would ship out in 2-3 weeks and 8 weeks later I finally got it. Not sure what went on during those 5 missing weeks; I guess the package decided to stop off in every major city on the way here. I even emailed their member support - twice- to ask what the status of the package was. To this day I haven't gotten a response.

Update 1/21/14: I finally got a response yesterday (a week later...not bad) and got the lamest answer ever: "Our mission is about to end and we ran out of products for replacements. Please accept our apologies." Nothing about what they'd do when my score takes a nosedive because I didn't receive any product to review. Err. Okay, I'm done now.

Side note: In my experience they aren't the quickest to reply - the last time I had a question it took about a month for them to email me back, but once they did they were pretty quick at responding. I haven't tried, but I would think Facebooking them would be your best bet at getting in touch; they seem to monitor their page pretty well.

THE KIT
Anyway, back to the mission. I received a brochure and a bottle of Airborne gummies free of charge in exchange for an honest opinion on the product. Glad I finally received it because the mission ends in just over a week from today. Back when qualifying for the mission I had a choice between three Airborne types: effervescents, gummies, or chewables. I already tried the effervescent tablets, and I'm not a huge fan of chewables, so I opted for the gummies.

Airborne gummies

And guess what? Boy am I glad I did! These things are deeeeeelish! Three gummies make up one dose of Airborne. Perfect, because there are three flavors - mixed berry, grapefruit, and citrus.

Gummy flavors, from left: Citrus, Mixed Berry, and Grapefruit
THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
In my opinion, the grapefruit flavor is the closest to the real thing, but my favorite is the citrus. This was surprising, since I'm usually a die hard berry fan. For anything. Fruits, scents, flavors. Pictures. Anything berry (especially strawberry) and you bet I'm all over it. And it's not that the mixed berry Airborne gummy didn't taste good, because it did. It's just that the citrus flavor tasted awesome. Not too citrus-y, but just the right amount of tartness. The only downside is that it might be hard to just stop at eating three of these. It tastes like candy. Is there a such thing as Airborne overdose? I'm not sure, but normally too much of any vitamin can have adverse effects so I'm guessing you shouldn't down this entire bottle in one sitting like it was a pack of fruit snacks.

THE VERDICT
I think this product is marketed toward children, who seem to prefer chewable things that taste yummy as opposed to medicinal drinks and pills. But that's not to say that adults can't enjoy it as well, because this adult would gladly take these over the effervescents any day. Thank you, Airborne and Smiley360, I think I just found a new favorite! If you're interested in finding out more about Airborne, use my link and get $1.00 off your next Airborne purchase!



Note: I received Airborne gummies for free from Smiley360. All reviews and opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment