Wednesday, February 19, 2014

VoxBox Review - J'Adore Box

VoxBox? What's that? Well, first here's a bit of background info. Several months ago I became really interested in consumer product testing and discovered some really cool sites that allow you to do just that, as long as you leave honest reviews on the goods. My response? No problemo! I signed up for a few, among them a site called Influenster. This site, along with others, relies on your personal influential score (based on reviews and activity) to determine whether you should receive more products. However, it differs from others in that rather than periodically receiving individual products to test, once in a while you qualify for an entire box worth of goodies to try out (yup you guessed it; a VoxBox!). Of course, this doesn't happen nearly as much as the other sites who send out individual products, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out I was getting a VoxBox when my score was still a measly 69 out of 100, despite my best efforts to put forth helpful reviews on products I had previously used.

After four months of trying, I was finally offered the J'Adore VoxBox. This box was free; all I had to do was review all of the products. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, the theme was centered around adoration and love (although I'm still figuring out what some of the products have to do with it). Below is a picture of what was included in the box:
 
J'Adore VoxBox


It's finally here. My first VoxBox!
The VoxBox had an info card describing each item and how to share about it on social media. It also stated the value of each item.

Info card. I know, it's a pretty blurry picture. Sorry!

Hershey's Kisses

 

Kisses. This was the most obvious connection to the J'Adore theme. And I'm not complaining. I love chocolate. I didn't receive chocolates for Valentine's Day (although I did receive something much better...I'll make a separate post about that), so thanks Influenster for these! The bag was slit open on an entire side and the chocolates were spilling out all over the box, but I have a feeling that's the look they were going for - loose chocolates (rather than the ever-romantic rose petals) adorning the VoxBox of love. Nice touch. And the empty bag? I think that was just included in there to show that I got an entire bag's worth. Sweet!

Update 3/5/14: Okay so after browsing some other blogs about the J'Adore VoxBox, I've come to find out that the package was supposed to be intact, after all. WHO'S BEEN MESSING WITH MY CANDY?!


Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes

 

I guess with a brand name like Kiss, you can't argue that it has nothing to do with j'adore. But I don't wear eyelash extensions. I don't even wear mascara. Heck, I don't even curl my lashes. Of course, VoxBox is not a personalized box so I'm not disappointed about getting these. It's something new I can try the next time I go out for a night on the town. Only one problem-- I rarely go out anymore. Except to Target...and drive thrus. Oh well. Maybe I'll just wear them around the house and scare the bf. Speaking of scare the bf...


Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask

This mask is used weekly to remove excess oils while also deeply cleansing your face. I've never tried a clay mask before. That is, until last night. I walked around the house while letting it do its thing and the look on my bf's (and my dog's) face was priceless. Think Mrs. Doubtfire's lemon meringue mask but gray. But it was the perfect opportunity to try something like this because my face has been unusually oily the past few days and a simple facewash regimen wasn't cutting it. It must have worked at least a little because today my face isn't as oily as it has been recently. Can't wait to scare my boys again next week!


John Freida Frizz Ease Flat Iron Spray

This heat-activated spray straightens hair for up to three days (or until the next time you wash it). A few spritzes and a round with the flat iron is all it's supposed to take for it to work. This is something I am really interested in trying because I have oober plenty hair and it tends to get frizzy, especially in this high humidity. Guess it's time to rouse my flat iron from its 5-year hiatus.


Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas

 
I love flavored tea. I don't drink coffee, so tea is how I stay up during slow days at work. I've never heard of this brand before, but their flavors sound delicious. I received Creme Caramel and Lemon Chiffon in my box, but they also have Cinnamon Streusel and Peach Cobbler (mmm...yummy). If you're a Keurig type of person, they have single serve cups in Cinnamon Bun and Spiced Chai. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how the tea tastes. Normally my taste buds are blind as a bat when it comes to being able to tell the difference between flavored teas, but I can actually taste the caramel in the Creme Caramel. I haven't tried the Lemon Chiffon yet, but that should be fun. My VoxBox came with a $2.00 off coupon for a box of tea, and each packet has a $1.00 coupon. Cool! The only thing is I think these teas are only available from the manufacturer so there will probably be shipping fees. But I am interested in trying the other flavors, especially Peach Cobbler.


I am very happy with my J'Adore VoxBox. I haven't had a chance to sample everything just yet, but so far the items I did try fared well with me, and I'm super excited to see how the Frizz Ease works. This box has a value of over $20 according to the info card, all for absolutely free. Aside from the tea, I believe all of the items were full-sized too. Good job, Influenster!








Note: I received this box for free from Influenster. All opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment