Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Julep St. Patrick's Day Lucky Mystery Box 2014 Review


For the past 15 years my nails hadn't seen a single coat of anything on 'em. That is, until I started my Birchbox subscription and got hellbent on trying out everything in every box. That's when I got bit by the nail polish bug and now my collection has grown a bit from the one lonely bottle of sparkly red polish a friend gave me a couple years ago.

When I heard about Julep I signed up for an account but held off on becoming a Maven since I'm still hesitant about trying any ol' color on my uglies. But I'm a sucker for a good deal so when I heard about the mystery boxes Juelp puts out I told myself I'd get my hands on the next one. So I did. I ordered a Lucky Mystery Box in honor of St. Patrick's Day which promised $100 worth of goodies for only $24.99. Julep was offering 4 box versions - three with one revealed polish and one complete mystery box. I opted for the version containing Shannon, a pale green polish with a silk finish. I ordered it last Thursday and got it the following Monday on St. Patrick's Day...how awesome is that! Wow!

So what'd I get?

Lucky Mystery Box - with Shannon (It Girl)

Nail Polish (Value: $14.00 each)



This box contained (left-right) Shannon, Kennedy, Tatiana, Blakely, Sabrina, and Fiore. Since I'm not that adventurous in trying any and all colors yet, I tend to stick to the subtle ones that will go unnoticed at work (or else they'll see how horrible I am at applying it). So I'll probably try these in the order they're pictured above. I'm currently wearing Shannon and so far so good. It's a very pastel satin green that looks almost silver in the light. I normally don't wear too much green anything, but I think I like this color. Next up: Kennedy!

Glycolic Hand Scrub (Value: $23.00)



This scrub is described as a "facial for hands." It exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling softer and smoother. I currently use a sugar scrub a friend gave me at Christmas (scented with lavender...mmm), but after that's gone I'll try this out.

Forget-Me-Not Seeds (Value: N/A)



I don't think this is meant to contribute to the value of the box, but I've been meaning to get my garden back up and going again so I'm not complaining. I can always use more seeds (and more time to tend to my flowers!).

Mystery Box Add-On: Karen-Boho Glam (Value: $14.00)



I picked up the Karen polish as an add-on for just $2.99. I love frosty/iridescent colors so I thought this would be right up my alley. It's a peach bellini frost and contains a bit of shimmer. Ok, maybe this will be the next one I try before hitting up the rest of the polishes I got in my mystery box.


All totaled this box had a (non-Maven) regular price of $107, not including the add-on. Some items are on sale at a deep discount, so the current value might be a bit lower than $100, but seeing as how I only paid $25 I'm still satisfied with its value. Now I just have to build up my confidence to paint my nails with the oranges and darks that I received in this box.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to do the new Julep Mystery Box. I have it sitting in my cart right now but I haven't clicked submit. Are you polished up or are you going to the Spring Box, too? The product you got is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should give it a try! I just picked up the Spring Mystery Box. So excited!

      Delete