Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Baribox Review - April 2014


I was pleasantly reminded today that I've been slacking in my paper crafting when my Baribox showed up in my mailbox. I've been so consumed in puppy training and coaching high school athletics that I didn't even realize that the last card I made was three months ago. Okay, once I get back from my trip next month I'll make it a point to get  back into it. If you've never heard of Baribox, here's a little info:

What: Baribox is a paper crafting subscription box service
When: Boxes ship monthly, usually during the second half of the month
Cost: $12.99/month

Like last month, April's box didn't have a card. I'm starting to think they nixed the card idea. Not that it makes much difference; they weren't really info cards, but more of a greeting/advertisement. 



Imaginisce Snag 'em Stamp (Approx. Value $1.00)


How cute is this! My clear stamp collection is slowly growing and once I pick up some brush markers I'll sit down and make something crafty with these. It's just so hard to peel them off the backing the first time you use them! I'm a stamping noob (actually maybe even one level below that), so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make peeling them off easier?


Craft Medley Cup Sequins (Approx. Value: $2.00)



Confession time: I don't know how to sew. Other than tacking and backstitching, my sewing knowledge is nonexistent. That home economics class I took in 8th grade which taught me how to thread a sewing machine? Loong forgotten. Therefore, rather than make something fashionable/wearable out of these sequins, they're going straight to meet Mr. Glue and Mrs. Paper. A sequin border? Tedious, but the only thing I can think of making with this. And I'm kinda sad about it because these are so cute and perfect for spring. Maybe I'll suck it up and go YouTube a quick tutorial on sewing sequins to do these cutsies some justice.


Washi Tape, 7mm (Approx. Value $1.00)



A lot of people will probably cringe at how plain this roll of tape is. Solid yellow. Nothing cute or spectacular about it. But solids are my favorite washi tape to use because you can create your own designs rather than be limited to the pre-printed one that might not be suitable for all occasions. I just need to get my hands on a couple more rolls of these Plain Janes and I'll be a happy camper :)


Studio Calico Vellum Stickers (Approx. Value $2.50)


I like brightly colored things. I like stars. So I can definitely use brightly colored stars. I'll probably mount these on foam squares when I use them because for some reason flat stickers don't do it for my anymore. I need dimension in my accents. Very cute. Another thing I can use for any occasion.


Forever in Time 3D Handmade Glitter Stickers (Approx. Value $6.00)


Now these are the types of stickers I like! Layered accents are so awesome because they really make your paper craft project pop. This set has an ocean theme so I'm not sure what I can use it for at the moment, but with summer just around the corner I know I'll find something to make with it.


This month's box had a value of about $12.50. I picked up the 3-month plan which comes out to $12.67 per month so I about broke even on the value. But as I mentioned in my first Baribox post I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a value box where you expect to get a higher value than you paid. At least not yet. But I thought they did a very good job with sticking to a spring theme - the colors were appropriate and the sunshine stamp screams spring. Do you subscribe to Baribox? What kind of spring craft projects do you have in mind?




Note: I paid for this box on my own and this post reflects my honest opinion of the products. I was not compensated for this review in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment