Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baribox Review - March 2014


It's Baribox time again! And what a pleasant surprise this month it was (even if I did receive it in April); I didn't receive any notice that my box was shipped then all of a sudden BAM here it is! If I sound like I'm speaking alien right now, here's some basics to get you on track:

What: Baribox, a paper crafting subscription service
When: Boxes ship monthly, usually during the second half of the month
Cost: $12.99/month

Now that we're all caught up, on to this month's Baribox! It didn't come with a card this month, but judging by the items I think we're leaning toward a scrapbooker's box for March.

(Note: I couldn't find any of the items on the manufacturers' websites, so prices are based on approximate retail values as seen on other sites)


Studio Calico Stickers (Approx. Value: $1.65)


These stickers don't really have a theme. They're everyday words that can be used to make sentences. Good for scrapbooking. I don't have anything to scrapbook about at the moment, but I'll keep this in my collection for when the occasion arises.


Studio Calico Paper Clips (Approx. Value: $3.00)



How cute are these! Ampersand and at sign paper clips! I most likely won't use them for their obvious purpose but probably as an embellishment for my next crafting adventure. Or maybe as a bookmark...if I ever pick up a book again.


Dear Lizzy Pockets with Inserts (Approx. Value: $3.00)



This cute pack came with six sets of pockets & inserts. Perfect for stuffing little notes into your child's (or significant other's for that matter) folder. Or for writing reminders and sticking them where you will see it. Or simply to add dimension to your latest scrapbooking project. So many uses for this one, and all are correct!


Docrafts Capsule Collection Ribbon Bows (Approx. Value: $3.50)


Docrafts is a European crafting company that first caught my eye with their adorable Forever Friends line. This is my favorite item in the box because I know I'll be able to use these bows on my cards. Birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas - I can use these for just about any occasion. And it's not limited to cards - bow for a doll's hair? Check. Need a more girly jewelry box? Done.


Duo-tipped Art Marker & Black Gel Pen (Approx. Total Value: $4.00)



I have a million black gel pens, but it sure doesn't hurt to have another. I keep losing them so I can definitely use the extra. The double-sided marker would be a great start for replacing my 10+ year-old stamp marker collection. Trust me, you don't want to see (or smell, or feel) what decade-old leaky ink is like. Now I just need to pick up the 100 other marker colors and I'm set.


Sticko Travel Stickers (Approx. Value: $1.50)



As soon as I saw Hawaii on this sheet the value was totally worth it. And I'm so glad we're associated with coconut trees (something you actually see all over the place) rather than a coconut bra or grass skirt (something you only see at tourist traps). Thanks, Sticko, for not portraying Hawaii as grass shacks and coconut wireless.


All totaled this month's Baribox had an approximate value of over $16. Very promising, considering just three months ago I only got $7 worth of product. Most of the items were geared toward scrapbooking and although I'm not at a scrapbooking stage in my life right now, I will be at some point so I'll be able to dig into this box of fun when the time comes. My subscription just renewed for another three months so hopefully Baribox continues to improve! Keep it up!



Note: I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are 100% my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment