Wednesday, May 28, 2014

BzzAgent Campaign - Special K Moments Indulgent Snack Bites

Bzzzzzz......bzzzzz..............

It's been a while since I've buzzed about BzzAgent. Basically it's a Word-of-Mouth marketing tool. Companies who want feedback on their new products reach out to BzzAgent, which in turn passes on those products (for free!) to you and me to test and review. Since joining last year I've been on two "campaigns" (their name for product trials): Cottonelle Fresh Care Cleansing Cloths (review here) and Schick Hydro Silk Razor (review here). Then came a long break where I didn't hear anything from them, and then all of a sudden BAM! three campaign invites. They must know how much I love chocolate because that's the one that arrived at my doorstep first. So here's announcing...


SPECIAL K MOMENTS INDULGENT SNACK BITES
This is a new item targeted at snackers like me who just need to eat something between meals. Preferably sweets. The chocolate kind. You know those Special K or Fiber One cereal bars? It's kinda like those. The tagline is "Three bites big, 70 calories small." I guess it's small if you stop at one, but I'm known to snack with reckless abandon. Anyway, moving on.

THE KIT
There are currently two flavors available: Dreamy Coconut and Caramel Pretzel Bliss. BzzAgent sent me two of each flavor to review. They also included five manufacturer's coupons for $1.00 off a box of Special K Moments to pass out to friends and family. Or if I really wanted to be greedy I suppose I could use it to purchase 5 boxes for myself. Tempting, but that would just defeat the purpose of the campaign.


THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
The bar itself really is about three bites big (two if you have a big mouth). I guess it's the perfect snack size, but personally I prefer my snack size = meal size. 

Special K Moments Indulgent Snack Bites in Dreamy Coconut and Caramel Pretzel Bliss.
Quarter not included.
I know you're all no stranger to foods that don't quite look as yummy as the ads make them appear, so I'll let you be the judge of this one:

Image from Special K's website


Special K Moments Dreamy Coconut in real life
It in no way looks unappetizing (I mean duh, it's chocolate!), but it doesn't look as puffy as the website's picture. Then again, my photography skills are nothing to brag about either. On the bright side, it tastes delish! Just a hint of coconut, nothing overpowering. My taste buds don't discriminate when it comes to chocolate, so it tastes like a regular cereal bar to me. Maybe like the chocolatey drizzle Rice Krispies Treats.

Next up was the Caramel Pretzel Bliss flavor. Honestly I think I like this one better of the two (I really hope the chocolate gods can't read). It has a hint of salt and tastes more like butterscotch than caramel. And I like butterscotch. I can eat butterscotch baking chips by itself by the handful. I purposely made this into 10 bites just so I could savor it.
Special K Moments Caramel Pretzel Bliss
THE VERDICT
If you're looking for a snack with a mind-blowingly new twist, you won't find it here. But if you're looking for a little change from your normal cereal bar routine, pick up a box of Special K Moments Indulgent Snack Bites and give it a try. The bars itself are on the sweet side, so if you don't have a sweet tooth I wouldn't recommend these. My sweet tooth is gigantic and left me wanting to eat the other two bars also (yes, in the same sitting), then I remembered C and how he always saves me half of whatever he gets. Majorly guilt tripped myself. I wouldn't pay over $0.50 apiece for these bars, but if I see it in the stores for around that price you can bet I'm gonna pick it up. One box for the house and one for my secret stash at work. Yeah. That's right. I got my own personal candy jar at my desk. Don't judge me.

If you like to dish out reviews and want to receive free products to test (they're normally full-sized items), come on and be a BzzAgent! It's completely free and a great way to stay up to date on new consumer products!



Note: I received these items complimentary from BzzAgent for testing purposes, but the reviews are completely my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment