Saturday, May 31, 2014

Julep Memorial Day Mystery Box Game - Box #4 Review


Over the weekend Julep announced yet another mystery box release - this time with 10 boxes to choose from! Each choice offered a hint phrase and a couple of spoilers, but the rest was a mystery. I love fun surprises so naturally I picked one up (even though my credit card begged me not to).

I opted for Mystery Box #4, which had the phrase "healthy hi-five" along with pictures of Julep's Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover and a cuticle pusher. Fortunately, I don't have a huge problem with grossly overgrown cuticles, but I own ZERO cuticle products so I thought it'd be a good idea to get my hands on at least one. It arrived in the usual black cardboard box, but inside was another, more awesome box.



It's pink with a magnetic closure. Perfect for a jewelry box. Or storage box for your Pokemon cards if that's your thing. Knowing C it'll probably turn into a key bowl box. He claims keys will never get lost if you throw them all in a key bowl. So he puts one in the kitchen. Then for some reason he goes and puts one in the bedroom. And the study. And before you know it he loses track of which bowl which keys are in. I told him he should invest in a purse like me. And then he didn't talk to me the rest of the night.


So now that I've established the unfortunate fate of this lovely box, what about the stuff inside of it?

Memorial Day Mystery Box with a missing Barbara. Barbaraaa, where are youuuu?


Julep Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover (Value: $18.00)


My very first cuticle care product. Yay! So obviously I haven't ever given myself a manicure. I heard really great stuff about this. It moisturizes cuticles and with weekly use, over time it reduces cuticle regrowth. I think it can also remove stains from dark polishes. I'm looking forward to trying this out.


Julep Cuticle Pusher (Value: $14.00)


Normally when I think of cuticle pusher I think of that metal thing with a little curved shovel-looking device on the end, so it took me a few seconds to figure out what I was looking at. (See? Manicure noob here) They say it's double ended so you can use it with your right or left hand, but to me it looks like each end will work with either hand. Or am I missing something here? More ergonomic maybe?


Julep Nail Polishes (Value: $14.00 each)

Nail Polishes (L-R): Lois, Tania, Ava, Barbara, Fiore
Lois-Boho Glam - dusty rose frost
Tania-Bombshell - teal multidimensional glitter
Ava-Bombshell - pink ballet slipper frost
Barbara-Classic With A Twist - magenta multidimensional glitter
Fiore-It Girl - espresso brown creme

I was thisclose to accidentally tossing out the Barbara. I was just looking for white boxes as I was rummaging through, and I only found 6. Then just as I was about to trash the shredded paper, out pops the Barbara! (without a box or shrink wrap for some reason) *whew* That was close. Which explains why Barbara is mysteriously missing from the full box photo up top. Except for Fiore these are all new to me. I like pink polishes and I got three of them in this box...score! And blue's my favorite color so I'm pretty happy right now. Plus I do like glitter.


Mystery Box #4 had a total non-Maven value of $102. Overall this is another mystery box win because I'm going to use almost everything in here, and I only paid $25 plus shipping for it! Really looking forward to using the Lois and Tania. And my first cuticle moisturizer! Time to go play with my goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! That's a good box! I like that dusty rose! I don't know how to use a cuticle pusher either. I should probably google it and see how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lois is beeeautiful! I think it's my favorite pink polish. It goes great with a silver color :) Thanks, at least now I know I'm not the only one with cuticle tool issues! I really didn't see any difference in my cuticles after just one use, but I'm sure it's one of those things that just takes time.

      Delete