Monday, June 16, 2014

Barkbox Review - June 2014 + 10% Off A New Subscription!

June's Barkbox

You know you're kind of dog crazy when you use Barkboxes to remember what the date is. For the past few months my Barkboxes have been arriving on the 14th, a day before they're supposedly sent out. For some reason all last week I'd been brainfarting, and seeing the puppies' box in the mail threw me back on track. We are now in mid-June. How fast this month is flying by!

The scoops:
What: Barkbox is a subscription box for dogs filled with 4-6 treat, toy, and hygiene items. Boxes are curated according your dog's size. This review is for a medium-sized dog box.
When: Ships monthly on the 15th
Cost: $19-$29 per month depending on the length of your subscription
Fun Fact: 10% of proceeds from each Barkbox goes to rescue groups!

This month's theme is about travelling. The start of summer brings suitcases, airplane rides, and new adventures. Unfortunately our pups don't usually get to participate in those family trips. June's Barkbox seeks to end sad pup syndrome by showering them with treats and toys inspired by everything French.


Barkbox also started something new where you can reorder items by texting the corresponding code to Barkbox (codes and prices are printed on the info card).


Bocce's Bakery Chicken Cordon Bleu Biscuits (Value: $6.00)



We received Bocce's biscuits in Truffle Mac & Cheese flavor in a previous Barkbox and Macho went absolutely nuts for it. Plus it's wheat free! I have no doubt that this will elicit the same reaction from both pups. I think my dogs eat better than me! 


Harry Barker Tug & Toss Toy - Medium Size (Value: $8.00)


Pebbles has surprisingly strong jaws for such a little dog, and toys that were fine for Macho stand no chance against her. I was glad to see this sturdy rope ball in our box because I don't think she'll ever untie this. The ball is 3.5" in diameter so my mini Jaws of Life can barely even fit it in her mouth. She's spent about a half hour with it so far and wasn't even able to pull a single fiber out so I think we're safe.


Le Petit Treat Quiche Lorraine (Value: $6.75)



The full size box (7 oz) of this treat retails for $12. That's pretty pricey for a biscuit but it's gluten free and contains super yummy ingredients that probably justify the price - cheese, pumpkin, and bacon bits! I haven't given these to the furballs yet but I know at least Pebbles will eat it because she's game for anything I put in front of her face.


Harry Barker Eiffel Tower Dog Toy - Large Size (Value: $12.00)



This is a stuffed canvas toy in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. Macho got the Harry Barker canvas bone in his first Barkbox and it was holding up incredibly well to Macho's jaws until we got Pebbles. She's teething right now and she'll chew anything and everything, including Macho's ear. If you read my post a couple of weeks ago about stuff Pebbles chews, you'll see that she has a knack for destuffing toys. That Harry Barker bone I just mentioned? It now has a giant hole through the center and is missing 80% of its stuffing. I can't bear to see this adorable landmark get shredded, so I will give it to someone whose dogs aren't so rough.

"You've got lots of earwax, buddy"
Pebbles likes to check Macho's ears

This month's box had another great value of $32.75. We love Barkbox because they consistently send out high quality toys and treats, and I feel I definitely get my money's worth every month. Even though we won't be using the high ticket item in this box, the value is still there with the rest of the items. Pebbles is having a blast with the rope toy, and we've been making progress with blazing through the stockpile of treats from past Barkboxes. There's several more bags to go through before we hit these treats, but I'm sure they'll be an absolute win for the dogs.

Do you Barkbox? If your dogs are begging you for their very own box (I just saw a Barkbox commercial last night, so it's only a matter of time before your dog sees it too), you can sign up to spoil your best friend and get 10% off your subscription! And don't forget, 10% of each box supports rescue groups! It's a win-win!



Note: This post contains referral links. I paid for this box on my own and these are my honest opinions.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo!! I can't wait till mine gets here! I wonder if I will get the same things because that rope ball will be a big hit :D I'm with you on the Eiffel Tower toy, though. I might have to do something with it other than give it to destruct0r dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! There was so much stuffing in the backyard yesterday from the last toy she destroyed that I ended up VACUUMING MY YARD. Who the heck vacuums their yard?! *This girl.* But the rope toy is great. I think she's finally met her match :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. How does your pup like the ball? It's holding up extremely well to our furballs. Ruckus is the cutest!

      Delete
  3. It turned out I got two similar Eiffel Tower toys :( My treats were different, too! I like how variable the boxes can be, maybe I'll get a rope toy next month.
    I cannot believe you vacuumed your back yard... That is absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete