Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BzzAgent Campaign - Coppertone Clearly Sheer Sunscreen


It's finally here! It took 5 weeks to get here but my Coppertone Clearly Sheer sunscreen BzzKit finally found its way to me in the middle of the Pacific. And I'm kinda not irked that it took so long because when I looked inside I realized this is probably the best value kit I've ever gotten from BzzAgent.


Before I go on, a bit about BzzAgent:
BzzAgent is a Word-of-Mouth marketing tool. Companies who want feedback on their new products reach out to BzzAgent, which in turn passes on those products (for free!) to you and me to test and review. You complete each BzzCampaign by fulfilling social media requirements via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc to raise your BzzScore. The higher your score, the greater your chances of qualifying for more missions.

THE KIT

 
As I mentioned, this was probably the best value kit I've ever received from BzzAgent considering it was completely free. Usually they'll send a full sized sample along with some spectacular manufacturer's coupons (no sarcasm here, the coupons usually are pretty darn fantastic). But this kit included a full sized Coppertone Clearly Sheer Sunscreen SPF 30 along with three travel sized tubes and two travel sized cans of Coppertone Contiuous Spray SPF 50. Plus there were five manufacturers coupons for $2.00 off a sunscreen in the Clearly Sheer line. All this sunscreen I've been receiving over the past month is making me use it more, but definitely not as often as I should. You'd think since I live a mile from the beach I'd be there every week with sunscreen in tow, but this pale face hasn't been in the water in three years :( But I will use it for a day at the dog park or on a hike, so that's an improvement.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
First up is the sunscreen lotion. They gave me a 5oz full-sized bottle (retail value: $10.50) along with three 1oz travel tubes to give away to friends. This also comes in SPF 15 but my guess is the 30 would be more popular for summer months.


It was definitely thicker than other SPF 30 lotions I have used (but then again that was like 10 years ago) so I thought it'd leave me pasty and white. Fortunately, it absorbs rather quickly and wasn't as greasy as some other lotions. It is a bit oily but what else would you expect from a sunscreen?


For those of you interested in ingredients here's the active ingredients in the lotion:


No titanium dioxide or zinc oxides (which are supposedly kinder to skin), but this lotion also claims it doesn't cause breakouts. We'll see.

Next up: The spray. The kit contained two 1.6oz travel size cans of spray (retail value: $3.50). I tend to favor sprays over lotions only because they're not as thick; however, they also tend to feel sticky. Definitely not the case with this one. It's not sticky at all. It's also not oily. But it does have that yucky sunscreen smell. But I think I'm willing to overlook the smell if it protects well and feels nice when applied.



THE VERDICT
I don't have too much of an opinion yet regarding both sunscreens' effectiveness, but I do like the coverage. It feels light and absorbs pretty quickly. The lotion also has a pleasant scent - not too heavy on the sunscreen smell. I think I also could love the spray if the scent wasn't so strong. But if you have no issue with that then the spray is perfect - covers well, feels light, not oily, SPF 50. I think C could actually get more use out of this than me because he bikes 100+ miles every week. My guess is he gets LOTS of sun within those miles. Plus it doesn't smell "girly" (his #1 complaint for not taking my samples).


Note: I received this BzzKit complimentary from BzzAgent for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment