Thursday, June 12, 2014

Julep Review - Welcome Box + Get A Free Box!


About a week ago I was able to snag a SUPER awesome Julep deal - get a 3 month Maven subscription for $16.97 in addition to a free Welcome Box! First, sign up for an account then go to the Join Maven tab > Take the Quiz > Show Me All Styles (don't take the quiz...just click the button at the bottom left hand corner). Then at checkout input code freegift. I'm not sure if the code still works, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Julep Maven is normally $24.99/mo or $59.97 upfront with a 3-month subscription ($19.99/mo). Each box promises $40+ worth of products so you'll always get a higher value than what you paid. I opted for the Classic With A Twist Welcome Box. Here are my goodies:



Glow Pore-Minimizing Blush - in Peach Bellini (Value: $24.00)


Anything that mentions pore refining or pore minimizing immediately grabs my attention because I have HUGE pores on my face. This looks like a gorgeous color and I'm so tempted to use it, but I have three blushes open right now and I take for-ev-er to go through blush. I don't have a favorite so I guess I wouldn't be that sad if I happened to "lose" one of my opened ones...


Buffer Blocks (Value: $1.00)
 

I'm not complaining. I mentioned before that I have absolutely no mani tools at home (except for the cuticle softener & pusher I just received in my last mystery box), which means I don't own any buffer blocks, or even an emery board for that matter. In fact the only nail file I own is the one that's attached to a nail clipper. So am I glad I got buffer blocks in my Welcome Box? Heck yes!


Nail Polish (Value: $14.00 each)


Madison-Classic With A Twist - tropical coral creme
Maddy-Classic With A Twist - raspberry sorbet shimmer

This is where the box kinda went downhill, though it's not Julep's fault at all. These are pretty colors and perfect for summer, but they're a bit too bold for me to wear. They actually look pretty subdued in the picture. I do like pinks, and I usually coral, but I just wasn't feeling either of these. Sorry, Julep. Hopefully my next box will have something more suited to my tastes, especially since boxes are now fully customizable.

I also received a coupon for 50% off my next purchase in the Julep store. I will definitely be using this. Good deals!


The Classic With A Twist Welcome Box had a total non-Maven value of $53.00! Even with the Maven discount it still had a Maven value of $42.60 which is over the promised value of $40. Even though I won't be using the nail polishes I received in this box I can swap them for something I will use so it's not a loss to me.

Remember, if you want to become a Maven and if the above freegift code doesn't work, you can still get a free Welcome Box. Click here to figure out your style profile then use code FREEBOX at checkout to get your first box for free! Just pay shipping.


Note: Post contains referral links. I did not receive any compensation for this honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I love that Maddy!! Also, don't forget to customize your box this month so you can get what you want! I did and I did an add-on, too of the polish remover pen :D

    ReplyDelete