Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Memebox Hair & Body #2 Review



Yay! Yesterday my first ever Memebox arrived! Look at it, all pretty and stuff :) I ordered Memebox Hair & Body 2. It's sold out now, but it was selling for $23. I used my $10 signup bonus to get this box so I ended up paying only $13+shipping.


Some Memebox tidbits:
What: Memebox is NOT a subscription box. Rather it is a themed box filled with beauty products from Korea. There are several types of boxes: Memebox, Superbox, and Luckybox to name a few.
When: New boxes come out quite often, about every couple of weeks or so.
Cost: $15 - $39, depending on the type of box + $6.99 shipping (from Korea)

First off, I love the packaging. The goodies come in a sturdy simple but pretty pink box. Plus it's the perfect size to gift t-shirts and accessories. As soon as I ripped open the bag I caught a whiff of something yummy. I'll get back to that later. Here's the first look. Very pleasing indeed.


These products are all from Korea so chances are you've never seen most of these things before. So here's a better view of everything:


The names of the items might be easy enough to read, but that's just a front. Turn those suckers over and everything is in Korean. Although my friend insists that Korean is the easiest language to learn to read, I much prefer not learning and just reading the info card instead. So grateful for that card:


Kocostar Foot Therapy (Full Size, Value: $9)


Whoohoo! English instructions! This was the spoiler for the box. Weirdly enough it's part of the reason I decided to get it. I mean, these are "socks" you wear for an hour and "for the next few days dead skins will gradually peel off from your feet." How does that not sound intriguing?! I wanna see this baby in action!


Label Young Shocking Holjjuki (Full Size, Value: $21)



I'm not sure how this works, but it's a one-step body slimming cream. It supposedly removes unnecessary residues deep in the skin to result in a sleeker, more even textured body line. Huh? Does it slim for real or just make you appear slimmer? I can't read what the magical ingredient is. Maybe I better go invest in a Korean dictionary after all. The info card mentions that it uses heat to accomplish its thing. I'm guessing it slims through dehydration, so it's a short-term thing. Anybody wanna throw in some insight?


Hello Everybody Spa Vita Berry Shampoo and Treatment (Deluxe Samples, Total Value $5)



So THIS is what was making the entire box smell good. It's a "treatment for restoring vital moisture and twinkle shine" with the help of its 10-berry extract containing cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, along with some other fun names like cloudberry and maquiberry. None of them are strawberry. I guess there's no cosmetic side effects of my favorite berry. It is strawberry-scented though, so I'm still happy.


Vidanail L.vida Lavender Oil (Full Size, Value $10)



At first I thought this was nail polish with fun stuff inside, but when I looked closer (and finally read the info card) it was actually oil. I'm guessing for your cuticles? There aren't any instructions on the box, and all the info card says is that it nourishes and protects nails. Oh, and that the lavender pieces inside make for a fun visual effect.


Evas Cosmetics Body Net 7Days Project - Berry Complex (Full Size, Value $6)


I'm not sure where they get the brand name from because I can't find it anywhere on the bottle! According to the info card this was randomly selected from 7 available themes/scents. I got Saturday's body gel. Whaa--? Each gel (and smell) corresponds to a daily treatment, for example grapefruit detox or honey nourishment. Saturday's scent is berry complex. More berries! I'm not complaining though, berry scented things are my fave.


Boutique Bebe Hair Salon Argan Oil Essence (Full Size, Value $31)



Holy moneybags Batman, this thing is expensive! Two ounces of this liquid gold is over $30. I have so many hair oil treatments piled up in my drawer already! I can't use argan oil more than twice a week or else my hair starts getting crunchy, even if I wash it daily, so I probably won't get to this one for at least another few months. I guess I have no excuse for dull hair anymore.


All totaled this box had a value of $82. Whoa. Sooo worth that $13 I paid for it. Even if I had paid the normal price it's still a huge steal! I'm really excited to try the Foot Therapy and Vita Berry duo. With all these samples I'm getting from boxes (plus the ones from Sephora), my cosmetics drawer is two layers deep with stuff, and C is starting to complain that he can't find his things anymore. Oops.

Did you get a Memebox Hair & Body 2? What item are you most excited about? Remember to use the code SHIP4CHEAP2 to waive shipping on one box when purchasing 2+ boxes (excluding value sets). Or use MEMEBUNDLE3 to get $5 off on orders over 3 Memeboxes.



Note: This box was purchased using my own funds and reflects my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I got the same scents as you! I'm going to try the foot masks tonight... Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting your sock review! I'm even more excited to try it now! Good thing I have carpet and not hardwood...

      Delete