Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Barkbox #1 Review - July 2014 + Get 10% Off A New Subscription!


Barkbox, Barkbox, Barkbox! It's the furballs' favorite time of the month and admittedly one of mine too. I redeemed a Groupon that was set to expire at the end of last month, so I'll be getting two Barkboxes for July. This review is for my original subscription for a medium box. (The second one will be for the small box) For you BarkNoobs, here's a little info:

What: Barkbox is a subscription box for dogs filled with 4-6 treat, toy, and hygiene items. Boxes are curated according to your dog's size. This review is for a medium-sized dog box.
When: Ships monthly on the 15th
Cost: $19-$29 per month depending on the length of your subscription
Fun Fact: 10% of proceeds from each Barkbox goes to rescue groups!


With summer well underway BarkBox knows that you and your pup are itching to hit the beach. July's theme is all about the ocean (and the reason why it looks like a really blue box):

July's BarkBox




Bixbi Daily Essentials Chicken Breast Jerky Treats (Value: $10)



Blueberries and cranberries deliver a dose of antioxidants along with a great chicken taste for the meat-lover pups. My dogs love meaty snacks and they love chicken. We haven't tried this brand before, but I'm sure this will be a huge win with them. Plus, it's wheat, corn, and soy free.


Harry Barker Play Shark Toy - Large Size (Value: $12)


Both Macho and Pebbles would love this toy. Actually, Pebbles might love it more because she steals everything from him and refuses to share, so in all truthfulness he probably won't even get a chance to love it. And it's furry. Both weirdos love to make their toys bald and Pebbles loves to puncture things with her puppy teeth. Which is why I'm not so sure I should let them have at this cute guy. There's the obvious mess and I'm pretty sure Pebbles might think if she can beat up this shark, she'll be able to take on any shark ever. Pretty cute and harmless, except we have a ton of sharks here. And one not-too-bright puppy.

Pupdate 7/17/14: The furballs LOVE this toy. It might just be New Toy excitement, but lately this is the only one they go for. I'm surprised there aren't any puncture holes or missing fur yet.

Superior Farms 12" Beef Pizzle Stick (Value: $4)


For a while it seemed like Barkbox was sending a mini bully stick in every box then all of a sudden we stopped getting them. They were always Macho's favorite thing to get, and this one came at the perfect time because we just ran out of the package of bullies I ordered once we stopped getting them in Barkboxes. And we just started giving Pebbles chews so I'm sure this will be gone in no time.


PetSafe Indigo Triple Chews - Medium Size (Value: $8.33)



I think I'm most excited about giving these to the pups since we've never tried anything like it before. This dog treat supports immunity (antioxidants) + dental health + digestion (probiotics) all in one. It's multi-textured with a chewy outside and moist inside to keep the dogs guessing. An 18oz bag sells for $25 on the PetSafe website and I'm guessing contains about 8 pieces, which would make this one expensive chew. It says long-lasting but I'm pretty sure my garbage disposals will finish it off in less than a minute. They're such pigs.


Mr. Barksmith's Cool Treats - Pina Colada Flavor (Value: $2)



Another well-timed treat! I just gave the pups our last two Mr. Barksmiths this past weekend. This is a treat that can be eaten either room temperature or frozen. I always freeze mine so that it takes a wee bit longer for the dogs to finish them and gives me a few more seconds of peace and quiet. Pina colada is Mr. Barksmiths' newest flavor. I don't think either of them have tried coconut before, but I guess I'll find out if the dogs are fans. Mr. Barksmith's cool treats are always wheat, gluten, and dairy free so even pups with food allergies can enjoy them!


I calculated a value of over $36 for July's box. I'm sure the rascals will get complete satisfaction out of sticking their noses in everything in the box. I'm still trying to decide whether to give them the shark toy since Pebbles will undoubtedly destroy it in less than a day. I might have to put it in Macho's kennel which is off-limits to Pebbles. We've been with Barkbox for a year now and we've loved every single box. Box values are consistent and we always get high quality treats and toys. They try to include treats that are wheat, corn, or soy free and never any treats made in China.

Did you get a Barkbox this month? Was your box really blue too? If you want to subscribe to BarkBox, use my link to get 10% off your subscription. That's as little as $17 per box for over $30 worth of goodies for your furry best friend!



Note: Post contains referral links. I was not compensated in any way for this honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment