Monday, July 14, 2014

Julep Maven Review - July 2014

 It took 17 days, but my first monthly Julep Maven box FINALLY made it to my doorstep!


In the past I've always experienced decent shipping with Julep and received my orders within a week. Then I became a Maven. Suddenly I'm waiting on three orders, and all are taking over two weeks to get here. One is even estimated to take three weeks! But I guess I can't bitch about it too much because they automatically gave me 550 Jules as a delayed shipping bonus for this month's box. And that's on top of the normal 350 you get per box :)

Julep breakdown:
What: Julep Maven boxes include at least $40 worth of nail polish and other makeup and skin care items. Boxes are curated according to your style profile.
When: Boxes ship on the 27th of each month
Cost: $24.99/month
Extra Info: Boxes are now fully customizable. Mavens are allowed to mix and match items from different style profiles for that month's box.

This month features The Poolside Collection and features fun summery shades. I opted for Classic With A Twist box this month. I did do some customization for this box and swapped out the default Vicki (a pink flamingo creme polish) for some glitter.



Julep Bare Body Milk (Value: $24.00 / $19.20 Maven)

  

I heard that this had a fantastic scent so I was excited to get a whiff. While it's normally not a scent I'd gravitate towards, it does smell very fresh and summery. Milk thistle, olive oil, grapefruit oil, and orange peel work together to create a moisturizer that hydrates and repairs dry skin. It also absorbs very quickly. I probably won't get too much use out of this anytime soon since my skin doesn't normally get dry at all during the summer. Maybe this coming fall.


Julep Nail Polish (Value: $14.00 each / $11.20 Maven)


Kelsey-Classic With A Twist - powder peach creme
Braiden-It Girl - graphite stardust (textured matte glitter)

I just tried out the Kelsey. It's a gorgeous peach that would look stunning alongside a nice tan. However, I found the formula to be incredibly thin and drippy. It's kind of streaky so you'd need at least two coats to get decent coverage. Most likely three. I'm more excited about the Braiden (this is what I swapped for during box customizations). I like graphite-colored anything and I like glitter so I'm pretty sure I'll love this as long as it's not goopy. I also got a rather patriotic Tootsie Roll. It's the plain chocolate ones. If only it were the strawberry ones...mmmmm.


Overall I'm satisfied with July's box. Julep promises a value of $40 per box and this one had a value of $52 ($41.60 Maven). I have enough moisturizers to last two lifetimes, but the Body Milk does smell summery yet subtle so maybe I can use this in lieu of perfume since C thinks perfume smells too strong. I'm also happy with the nail polish colors I got. And I better be, because I picked them out! Once you adjust to the Kelsey's thinness it doesn't look too bad at all; in fact I think it's already growing on me. Excited to see what August has in store!

Do you want to be the first to try out brand new and limited-edition nail polishes? Give Julep a try and become a Maven! Use code FREEBOX at checkout to receive a free Welcome Box on the month-to-month plan or to get a 3-month subscription for just $19.99 per box. Also, SPRINGPERK will get you 30% off your order (offer expires 7/31).


Note: Post contains referral links. This post reflects my honest opinions and I was not compensated for this review.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I got my box on July 5th! I can't believe yours took so long to get to you! I did check my account and I got 'box delay' points, too. Even though my box wasn't late at all. Tell me how you like Braiden because if they make it an Add On next month I might have to get it. What is this Stardust Finish?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but I think it's just a matte glitter finish. The glitters do look smaller than other glitter polishes but not quite microglitter. Oh! Maybe everybody got 900 points this month? Now I don't feel so special anymore. Haha.

      Delete