Saturday, July 12, 2014

Memebox Superbox #42 Birthday Box Review


I think Memebox has fantastic shipping. This Birthday Box left Korea on the 9th and took just two days to reach me. And that's with standard mail! I can't believe it takes longer to ship from the West Coast than it does from foreign countries (*ahem* Julep, I'm talking about you).

What: Memebox is NOT a subscription box. Rather it is a box filled with beauty products from Korea. There are several types of boxes: Memebox, Superbox, and Luckybox to name a few.
When: New boxes come out quite often, about every couple of weeks or so.
Cost: $15 - $39, depending on the type of box + $6.99 shipping (from Korea)



The contents of the box were revealed when it went up for sale so there were no surprises here. Honestly, I bought it because it looked cute and colorful in the picture.

And because I love cupcakes and macarons.

See?
http://us.memebox.com/superbox-42-birthday#.U8EFWUDkBQI


Birthday Superbox info card

As was revealed on the Memebox website, everything in the Birthday box was from the brand i belivyu. This brand is new to me so I was excited to dig in.

This is why I can never be a professional photographer. I tend to make cameos.

i belivyu Cube Sparkling Lemon Sugar Scrub (Full Size, Value: $24)


Non-edible sugar cube
I just love this packaging! I don't know what I'll use these frosted glass bottles for after the product is gone, but I know I'm not throwing it away. I was so excited to try this out! These are like sugar cubes, but not. The sugar is packed tightly along with vitamins, minerals, lemon oil, and baking soda to slough off dead skin and dirt. The instructions say to use one cube for a face wash or 2-3 for a body wash. I got away with using one cube for a face+body wash because I just cannot see using $10 worth of cubes just to get clean for one day. Even with one cube I wanted to cry because that was $3.50 worth literally down the drain after two minutes. It supposedly has a lemon scent, but my nose must be broken because I couldn't smell anything. But it does lather well. Really well.


i belivyu Powder Wash Vitamin Face Cleanser (Full Size, Value: $24)


Close up of the "powder"
This was the other item I was most excited to try. I'm not sure if I would call this a powder, but it does have tiny flecks of "granol particles." No idea what that is. This powder is full of vitamins and papaine enzymes (from papaya) to remove dead skin, while macadamia and olive oils help to hydrate skin. You only need a dime size amount to wash your face, so I think this should last a while. Longer than the cubes at least. It smells like roses and foams nicely, but like most face products it does burn your eyes. I took one for the team for the sake of reviews. You're welcome. I'd be careful not to get water in the container though; I'm pretty sure moisture will make it clump and splashes will make it dissolve.


i belivyu All in One Hair & Body Wash (Full Size, Value: $14)


The smell of this was reminiscent of the conditioners that come in the DIY hair coloring kits. It's lightly scented and slightly fruity. This two-in-one has apricot, carrot, green tea, chamomile, rosemary, centella (a plant), and gold extracts, though I cannot pick up on any of those scents. I wonder what gold has to do with it? Does anyone know if gold has health benefits? Excuse me while I rub this gold into my face.


i belivyu Flower Hand Cream (Full Size, Value: $9 each)
 

Personally I think $9 is pretty pricey for 1oz tubes of hand cream. For that price these babies better turn my hands to gold so that I can slather it all over my face (see above). This cream contains vitamin E, shea butter, and argan oil and are labled as Purple, Red, Yellow, and Orange Flower because they contain lavender, rose, sunflower, and safflower extracts. I tried the sunflower one and I guess it smells sunflowery? I don't know, I've honestly never stuck my nose in a sunflower before so I don't know how they're supposed to smell. But it does smell like some kind of flower. It absorbed into my skin quickly and felt moisturizing. Good enough for me. I don't use hand creams often so four tubes will take me a looong time to go through.


The Birthday Superbox had a total value of $98. I'll use all of these products (even though it might take me 2 years to go through the hand cream) so I definitely feel it's a great value for a $29 box. I got to try a variety of products from a brand new to me and so far I'm impressed with the powder face wash and amused by the sugar cube scrub.

Did you get the Birthday Superbox? Were you as amused as I was with the sugar scrub?


Note: This post reflects my honest opinions about the products in this box. I paid for this box on my own and did not receive any compensation for this review.



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you got this box really fast! Those lemon sugar cubes are seriously the most awesome-sounding thing ever. I would have been tempted to treat myself to this box if it was actually my birthday, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's someone's birthday somewhere so I'm celebrating on their behalf :) The cubes are definitely a fun first for me. If only they weren't so darn expensive..

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about the sugar cube use! Also, thank you for getting it in your eye for all of us. Hopefully, there were no lasting negative effects :) I love your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My eyes are fine, that's just a cover-up for my stupidity ;) If they made something similar to the cubes at a reasonable price I'd definitely buy it just for the novelty :)

      Delete