Wednesday, August 13, 2014

(Not So) Hide and Seek

If you read my blog regularly you know I love my dogs to pieces and that I enjoy sharing pictures of them looking all derpy and stuff. Today I'm sharing a couple of (unsuccessful) hide and seek moments because (1) I thought they were cute and show the mischievous side of corgis, and (2) they try so hard, but...ears. You'll see.


One fine shopping day we parked by the store but Macho refused to join us. He stayed super still and didn't make a sound. He was hiding.



Too bad he forgot he has ears.

No matter how much we called him, he didn't move. Then we told him we were at Petco. This is what happened.

Say WHAT?!! :))))))
What can I say? Aisles and aisles of toys and treats beckoned. Too bad for him all he got was a nail clipper. Ha! And here's a useless fact: That building in the background is the HQ for the county's only newspaper. Whoop whoop for current events.


Now on to the mischief. Macho sleeps in a kennel but somehow managed to escape one night. When I went downstairs in the morning I found this:



Fail. Ears (and tush!) again. And again, no movement or sound. I called his name and walked around the living room "looking" for him. He remained statue still.

So I decided to get closer.

Oh, shit.
And closer. That's when I found what he'd been up to all morning (night?). 

But I helps.
It was our home improvement project! C was making a drainage system for the yard and had just bought a bunch of couplers. Macho wanted to leave his mark on the project too. Literally. *sigh* Dogs.


And since Pebbles didn't get to star in today's post, here she is in all her glory. Puppy butt is gone and she's finally getting fluffy corgi pants! She looks like a cat.

My buttshake brings all the pups to the yard

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is ridiculously cute. I love it when animals don't think you can see them. I had this really fat cat when I was younger that would try to "hide" behind furniture, but of course her enormous butt would always be exposed. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our furries' #smartnotsosmart antics crack me up! I especially like that photo of the dog who thinks he's hiding by a mirror. Ahh, pets <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is SO adorable! I love your dogs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll pass on the message :) They're such attention hogs. But I think these dogs win :)

      Delete