Thursday, August 21, 2014

PetBox Snack Unboxing - August 2014 + Get A Free Box + 3-for-1 PetBox Deal!

Yesterday was totally a day for the dogs, literally. We got three dog boxes in the mail, and two of them were from PetBox!


What: PetBox is a subscription box for cats & dogs filled with healthy treat, toy, and hygiene items. Boxes are curated according to the size of your pet and come in four box sizes of increasing item count. Multiple pet boxes are now available as well! This review is for the Snack box (smallest size) for a medium dog.
When: Ships monthly on your sign up date
Cost: Snack: $7.95-$9.95; Deluxe: $14.95-$19.95; Premium: $29.95-$39.95; Multiple Pet: $49.95-$59.95 per month depending on the length of your subscription

Last week I posted about a PetBox deal and took advantage of it myself. I meant to get one medium- and one small-sized dog box but ordered two medium boxes by mistake. Since I was feeling generous I decided to give the extra to my cousin's pom. Not quite a medium dog, but whatever. 






Loving Pets It's Purely Natural Pure Beef Jerky Bars (Full Size Value: $8) 
This is a full-sized bag of beef jerky for dogs. Macho was going INSANE as I was opening the box - I think he could smell the goodness. Macho prefers meat treats and Pebbles will eat anything in the world so they will love these. There are only 6 strips in the bag but they're easy to break in half. It's grain-, soy-, wheat-, gluten-, and glycerin-free too. Man, my dogs eat way healthier than I do. But then again that's not really saying much because I probably have the unhealthiest eating habits evarr. 



Vetericyn Wound & Skin Care (Sample Value: $9)
Okay, I didn't know there were so many animal care products! Vetericyn specializes in pet wound and hot spot care. They've got sprays for dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, reptiles, pretty much any animal imaginable! In addition to wound/skin sprays, they have eye, ear, and navel treatments available as well. This particular spray is suitable for all animals and won't harm your pet if they happen to lick or ingest it. This will go well with the liquid bandage we got in another dog box a while back. I'm kind of surprised we haven't had to administer any first aid yet with all the trouble those two dingdongs get into, but I guess that's a good thing right?

PushClean Pet Towelette (Sample Value: $0.83)
I admit it took me several minutes to figure this thing out, which is why the seal in the above picture looks partially opened. In fact, I had to go to the website to learn how to use it. This towelette is made of 100% bamboo (and therefore biodegradable) and can be used as a grooming wipe when you don't have time to bust out the shampoo or if your pet is terrified of baths. I think there's only one towelette per container so I'm waiting until my dog is gross and dirty to use this. Basically it's a dry scrunched up towelette stored in a little compartment, then when you apply pressure, you pop whatever it is holding the towel in place so that it soaks up the cleanser around it. Personally I think it's sorta pricey ($10 for a pack of 12) but if your pet reeeally hates baths and sprays you may want to consider it.


I signed up with a 3-for-1 Petbox deal so this box ended up costing me just $3.32 and came with a value of almost $18. Even if I had signed up with the normal $9.95 price tag it still would've been worth twice what I paid! Very good indeed. It had a nice variety of items: treats, first aid, and grooming. This is a great plan if your pet doesn't go through treats too quickly. For a while we were overwhelmed with treats from sub boxes, but ever since Pebbles joined our family we've been whizzing through them, so these extras every month should serve us well without making us overloaded with dogoodies. 

If you want to start your own PetBox subscription then sign up here and choose the type and length of plan you want (cat lovers: remember they have cat subscriptions too!). And if you want to try a box before subscribing, click here to get a "free" iHeartRadio box! (I say "free" because you'll still have to pay $7.99 shipping). I think the 3-for-1 deal is still active as well. You can get that one here. But remember this deal is only valid on the Snack size box.

No comments:

Post a Comment