Monday, August 4, 2014

Smiley360 Mission - Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Dental Care




It's been a while, but I finally had another Smiley360 mission! If you haven't heard of them before, Smiley360 is an online review community in which you receive free products to review in exchange for an honest opinion. Sometimes the product you get to review is full-sized; other times you receive samples, but the amount will always be enough for you to form an opinion on it. This time around I qualified for the Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant dental care mission.


THE KIT



The timing couldn't have been more perfect because my regular toothbrush was starting to look like crap. The kit came with a full-sized Truly Radiant toothpaste (retail value: $3.50) and an Arm & Hammer Spinbrush (retail value: $9.00). This is my first electric toothbrush ever, so I had no idea what to expect. I had tried a baking soda toothpaste before, but it was a one-time thing and definitely not long enough to see any results.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
Arm & Hammer claims that with their Truly Radiant dental care system, you will notice stronger, whiter, healthier teeth in just 5 days. Here's some info on the Spinbrush from their website:

(click to enlarge)


I was super excited to try the brush since it was my first one. I'm not sure if it's because it's so close to my ears, but I found it to be a bit loud, especially when you're brushing your teeth at 4:30 AM when the entire town is still asleep. I feel like the folks over in the neighboring city can hear me. C said it's really not that bad and that it doesn't even wake him up, but still...oh well, silly me to expect a motor to be silent in the first place, right? As far as cleaning, I believe that it does clean better than a manual toothbrush. Supposedly the bristles are shaped so that they really get in between teeth to remove 100% more plaque than conventional toothbrushes. I really don't know if that's true, but just that fact that the bristles are moving at a high frequency make me feel like it's cleaning better than my slow poke hands. Which makes me think: wouldn't it be awesome if toothbrushes used sonication to clean teeth? Not exactly sure how that'd happen, but it's just a thought. Geniuses, remember me when you make millions off of the ultrasonic toothbrush. ...Whoops, just Googled it. It already exists. Who's tried it, and would you recommend it?

Somehow these bristles.....................remove 100% more plaque........................than these bristles
And now on to the toothpaste. Here's a screenshot of some Truly Radiant toothpaste info. It claims to whiten, strengthen, and repair tooth enamel. 

(click to enlarge)

I'm actually more impressed with the toothpaste. This is where the 5-day claim comes from. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide remove stains to whiten teeth, while fluoride and active calcium strengthen tooth enamel to prevent tooth decay. The consistency of the toothpaste is thinner than what I'm used to; in the photo below, the paste started running off my fingers 5 seconds after I put it there. The taste also took a couple of uses to get used to. It's not minty like the leading brands and while it doesn't leave you with "minty fresh" breath, your mouth does still feel clean afterward.


THE VERDICT
I've been using the Truly Radiant toothpaste and Spinbrush for the past week, and though I'm on the fence about whether I'd purchase another Spinbrush in the future (because I can get regular toothbrushes for free from my dentist), I will definitely continue using the one I have. I should also mention Smiley360's great customer service. Five weeks after qualifying for this mission I still hadn't received my kit so I shot them an email asking if they were still in the process of sending out kits. The customer service rep told me that all kits were sent and that they didn't have any more toothpaste, but if I wanted a Spinbrush they still had some extras. The next day my missing kit appeared in the mail so I didn't request an extra. Well, a few days later a replacement Spinbrush appeared in my mailbox anyway, so now I have two. I'm thinking of passing it along to C so he can test out its deep cleaning claims for himself. As far as the toothpaste, I'm impressed. The non-minty taste is growing on me and I'm starting to notice that my tea and soda stains are fading a bit after one week. I'm kinda kicking myself in the butt for not taking a before and after pic for you guys to see. You'll just have to take my word for it. :)

If you're interested in getting whiter teeth, try Truly Radiant for yourself! Don't want to pay full price for the system? Click here to save on Truly Radiant toothpaste and click here for savings on the Spinbrush. Happy smiling!



Note: This post contains referral links. I received the Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste and Spinbrush complimentary from Smiley360 for testing purposes and this post reflects my honest opinions of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment