Wednesday, September 17, 2014

OMG, My Doggy Diva Has Her Own Book

And it's because of me.

The My Monopoly kit I reviewed recently as part of a BzzAgent campaign came with a coupon for a free 20-page 8x8" photo book ($29.99 value) from Shutterly, the online photo memorabilia service. Since I don't have kids to show off, I did what any kid-less dog person would do. I used my dogs.

Yes, used them. Or her, rather. I made a whole album of Macho prints a while ago, but all Pebbles had were intangible camera phone pics. I thought she could use some oohs and aahs too, so I set about creating my Pebbles photo book. Now here I am to show her off like a proud mama showing off her Toddlers and Tiaras beauty queen, er, princess. She'll be my Princess Pebbles. Ha.

Nah, I'm kidding. Pebbles is anything but. She's more like a little gremlin disguised as a ball of fur. A mischievous Gizmo, if you will.

Someone once thought she was a fox and turned their car around and doubled back to get a second glimpse while exclaiming, "OMG! IT'S A BABY FOX!" True story. Maybe that fits better?.

Anyway. Normally Shutterfly stuff takes for-ev-er to reach me (seriously, do address labels have to take three weeks to fly across the ocean?), but I got this book in just one week. Sweet!


Truth.
I was super happy with the quality of the book. The print quality was stellar, the binding was great, and everything was laid out exactly as I had specified. Here's a few snippets from the book. (Click to enlarge)






After C looked through it he was so impressed that he suggested we make one for the guy we got Macho and Pebbles from (I have another free photo book coupon from a Hawaiian Airlines promo). We still keep in touch with him and he loves to see how they are doing from time to time. When that one comes in I'll share it too.

I love how this photo book came out. Would I pay $29.99 for it? Probably not if I'm strapped for cash, but I still think it would make an excellent gift. Plus it's fun to see something you created on your computer become a real life conversation piece. If you haven't checked out Shutterfly before I'd recommend taking a look at what they have to offer. They've always got specials going on (lots of them are great 40% off deals), just create an account and subscribe to their email list. In fact they've got one now for 50% off photo books + 30% off everything else with code FIFTYTHIRTY until 9/24. See, great deals!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I used Shutterfly to make wedding albums for both sets of parents but I totally want a dog book! I have more pictures of my dogs than I do of me and DH. And I do need address labels. I might have to go check that out now... Thanks for the code!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Dog albums are totally legit. I've got more pics of them than of us too. Personally it's because I think the dogs are way cuter than than we are ;) It's a bit time consuming to get everything laid out perfectly, but totally worth it in the end!

      Delete