Thursday, September 25, 2014

PetBox Snack Review - September 2014


This is our second PetBox snack box in a 3-month sub we got from a super PetBox deal I took advantage of a while back. 

What: PetBox is a subscription box for cats & dogs filled with healthy treat, toy, and hygiene items. Boxes are curated according to the size of your pet and come in four box sizes of increasing item count. Multiple pet boxes are now available as well! This review is for the Snack box (smallest size) for a medium dog.
When: Ships monthly on your sign up date
Cost: Snack: $7.95-$9.95; Deluxe: $14.95-$19.95; Premium: $29.95-$39.95; Multiple Pet: $49.95-$59.95 per month depending on the length of your subscription

I actually started two subscriptions using the above deal. For the second I also used the code SNACK to bring the cost down further (not sure if this code still works). The idea was to get one medium and one small box for Macho and Pebbles, so I adjusted the specs on my dashboard. But so far they've only sent me medium boxes for both dogs. The snack box is PetBox's newest addition so maybe there's only one size so far...?

These are soft clover-shaped treats that smell quite fishy but are supposed to promote a healthy skin and coat in dogs. Each treat contains omega-3 from algae and whole eggs. I'm not sure what they're supposed to taste like but this is one treat I sure as hell am not going to try, even if I am able pronounce all the ingredients. But the dogs love em so I'm happy. As long as I wash my hands after touching these.
This is how you train a salsa dog
Aussie Naturals Buffalo Ear (Value: $1.99)
We got this ear in our Petbox/iHeartRadio box and Macho finished it in under 10 minutes. He's NEVER finished a large rawhide that quickly. Since we got two boxes now there are two of these so I don't have to make them jan-ken-po over it. I'm pretty sure Pebbles will steal Macho's though. She's a real bitch like that.

Evanger's Whitefish & Sweet Potato Dog Food (Sample value: $0.60)
This is another item we got in our PetBox/iHeartRadio box, but this is a different flavor. The puppies went stupid crazy over this food. Why do they always like the stink ones? You can really smell the fish in here. These are tiny kibbles so it's perfect for tiny dogs. I remember when we first got Pebbles and she refused to eat anything bigger than the size of a fingernail. Now she eats everything. I'm talking flower pots, soda cans, geckos. The works. Yesterday she tried to eat our lawn mower. At least Macho has the brains to observe things bigger than him before attacking them. Nevermind, I take that back. He eats the vacuum. I hope this fish helps with their cognition, lord knows they need it. There was also a coupon for $3 off our next bag of Evanger's food. Sadly, none of the stores next to me sell this brand and I'm not about to mail order my dog's food and pay exorbitant shipping fees. Sorry.
Evanger's Whitefish & Sweet Potato formula dog food

I can't help but notice the similarities between this and the iHeartRadio collaboration box. One large bag of treats, one chew, and one dog food sample (the iHeartRadio box also had a smaller treat sample). At least these are all things the bozos will gladly eat so I'm okay with it. The box had a little more than $11 worth of dog products, which is slightly more than the month-to-month cost. HOWEVER, if you take advantage of the same 3-for-1 deal that I used, then you'll get three months for the price of one! (FYI you will be charged $3.xx/month for three months then the subscription will auto-renew at the regular 3-month rate).

If you want to start your own PetBox subscription with some of the bigger boxes then sign up here and choose the type and length of plan you want (cat lovers: remember they have cat subscriptions too!).


Note: Post contains referral links

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thats a lot of stuff for one snack box! I did get some stuff from my Rover (free) box in my Snack Box as well when I was getting it. I'm noticing that Petbox seems to do a lot of repeats. My next box should be here soon and I'm waiting to see if it has repeats in it, too. The only thing is that I think the repeats are freebies and not counted toward the cost of the box so... Hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's the case then they can keep sending the rawhide ears my way! I don't know why the dogs like them so much, it's not like they smell like bacon or anything. I used up all my points to choose my items for next month so I guess I'll find out if they're really freebies or not!

      Delete