Thursday, November 6, 2014

BzzAgent Campaign - Secret Outlast Completely Clean Deodorant is #ClearlyBetter

Let's talk stink. 

If you're anything like me you've experienced this scenario (or something similar) at least once or twice before: you've been vegging in front of the TV watching Criminal Minds allll morning plus most of the afternoon when suddenly your significant other (who's wrenching on his car) asks you to run out and grab some steaks, like now, because he's invited his buddies over to work on the car and they're a pack of hungry wolves. So, being the obedient loving person you are, you jump up, don't even bother to turn off the TV (it's okay, the dogs could use some entertaining), grab your purse, and run out the door. On the way to the market you realize Oh crap, I didn't put on deodorant today (you're also in a stay-at-home raggedy shirt and shorts but that's a different story). What's worse, your A/C was broken so you were sweating like a pig in front of the TV. And you're wearing a tank top so your sweaty pits are exposed. Hel-lo, B.O.! So you walk your self-conscious butt into the store and don't look up from the ground the entire time because you just know everyone's looking at you and holding their breath.

Okay, if this didn't happen to you I completely understand, but this is why I always keep a hoodie in my truck now - to contain the likely stench (or most of it) during those post-gym supermarket stops or unfortunate no-A/C days. But what would be better than throwing on a hoodie shield? An actual stick of deodorant. I'd never gotten around to actually buying an extra stick, so you can imagine how convenient it was when BzzAgent invited me to try Secret Outlast Completely Clean clear gel deodorant



BzzAgent is a Word-of-Mouth marketing tool. Companies who want feedback on their new products reach out to BzzAgent, which in turn passes on those products (for free!) to you and me to test and review. You complete each BzzCampaign by fulfilling social media requirements via Facebook, Twitter, etc to raise your BzzScore. The higher your score, the greater your chances of qualifying for more missions.

Now let's deodorize!

THE KIT
As soon as my deodorant arrived it went straight into my purse. No more worrying about stinky pits on market runs :)


This shipped in a tiny box which was about 2/3 paper and 1/3 deodorant. There were also five coupons for $1 off a Gillette gel deodorant and $1 off a Secret gel deodorant. I haven't used gel deodorants in ages. I'm talking like middle school years. This should be fun.

Okay, before I go any further let's get creative and make shit up. For the sake of less typing I'm going to call this gel deodorant a deodorgel because it saves me three letters and a space bar and for some reason a fair amount of sanity.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
The junk thing about deodorants in general is that you can't tell if a stick is used or not. Even in the stores, most of them only have that little removable (and replaceable!) plastic protector that anybody with half a wit knows to put back if they are that cheap and neeeeed some freshening up and don't have $3 to spend. Not that I'm condoning it. Cause I'm not. That's gross. But I'm sure there are people who do that. I'm not sure if this one had a foil liner (probably not) because I ripped into it so fast that I didn't even take note of what I had to do to get to the ooey gooey goodness.
The ooey gooey goodness
I totally forgot how to use deodorgels because I started cranking that thing like crazy from the get-go and before I knew it I had a ton of gel poking out the top and it reminded me of Tom the Minion.
There's still that initial wowza coldness factor when you first put it on, but I don't mind too much because it helps to wake me up in the morning. If I recall correctly deodorgels used to take forever to dry and I'd feel like I was sweating before I even got to school. Perhaps that's why I never bought another gel. But this one's different. It's dry within a minute after applying. Whooo! no sweat fake-outs!

Then there's the scent. It's stronger than the invisible solid I was using, but not flowery or overpowering. It's a fresh, clean scent so my nose will tolerate it. In fact, I think it's quite fond of the scent. I can catch whiffs of it during the day (fyi, I do not intentionally smell my pits throughout the day) and it makes me happy because I know my deodorgel is still there. Not sure if it'll last the whole 48 hours as it claims, but I'm pretty sure it outlasts my other deodorant. Plus, I noticed that I haven't gotten moist armpits whatsoever ever since I started using this (TMI? Too bad, it's a review) so the antiperspirant aspect is spot on as well.

THE VERDICT
This is winz. I love that I can still smell the deodorgel when I get home after work so it definitely lasts at least 15 hours, and that's with a wrestling practice. I don't really have a B.O. problem (just incredibly self-conscious and paranoid about it), but the fact that I can still smell the fresh clean scent at the end of the day and not sweaty wrestling odors tells me it's working. The only thing I don't like about deodorgels is that they get used up so much faster than the solids. You use a click a day so the entire stick will only last 1-2 months. Or if you believe their 48-hour claim then you only have to apply deodorant every other day (but I'm 99% sure a shower would wash it off...unless you just don't shower) so maybe it'll last up to 4 months. But there are other versions of the Completely Clean line of deodorants if you're cheap like me and want to stretch your dollar. There's an invisible solid and a smooth solid. Supposedly the smooth solid reduces irritation caused by shaving somehow. I may have to take a look into that one next.

Have a fantastic smell-good day!


Note: I received Secret Outlast Completely Clean clear gel deodorant complimentary from BzzAgent for testing purposes. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment