Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ipsy Unboxing - February 2015

Over the past few months I've cut back on boxes and pretty much all online spending in general so I can save a bit of money, so any package I get in the mail nowadays feels like a Christmas present. This Christmas present arrived just after President's Day weekend, and although it didn't arrive in time for Valentine's or President's Day festivities, it didn't matter because the items were appropriate for any time of year.

What: Ipsy Glam Bags contain 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month
Fun Extras: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints, which can be redeemed for monthly bonus items.

February's theme is about Love and all the ways to express it. Love comes in all shapes and sizes, whether it's a hug, a new makeup fave, or a status update. Let's see if the Glam Bag has anything I'll love...

ModelCo Blush - Peach Bellini (3.6g value: $9) -  Ipsy sent out two variations of ModelCo blush - Cosmopolitan (ballerina pink) and this one. I'm glad I got this peachy pink because I'm 99.99% sure I'd look like a porcelain doll if I got the other color. This is a pressed powder blush that I haven't opened yet because I still have three others in rotation at the moment. Blush is one thing that I never run out of because it takes so darn long to go through a compact (I have yet to finish one) and I keep getting more in boxes. This is a pretty color that I think I would love, but with the amount of blush I use on the daily (hardly any) I really don't think I'll get to it before it expires.

Medusa's Makeup Safari Eye Shadow - Headhunter (2g full size value: $8) - Medusa's Makeup's Safari line contains 12 shimmery eye shadow colors that I assume are geared toward those who are still working up the courage to try their Electro line (think normal colors but BRIGHTER...we're talking hot pink and electric yellow). My courage when it comes to eye makeup is basically zero, and even this mauve-y eggplant shade is quite a bit out of my comfort zone.
Close up of Medusa's Makeup eye shadow in Headhunter
Luxie Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush (value: $16 $8) - Soooo soooooft. I'm having flashbacks of the Blackheads No More Memebox and its therapeutic pore brush. This is a (cruelty-free!) angled face brush that's perfect for applying bronzer or blush. The synthetic bristles are coated with an antibacterial solution and resist product absorption. I'm pretty sure the coating won't last through more than a couple of washes, though, so regular cleaning is still a must. This brush is currently on sale for half off on the Luxie Beauty website, so if you're in the market for a new blush brush, now's the time to pick one up!

Glamglow Brightmud Eye Treatment (2 cells value: $11.50) - Hm, this is new to me. This is an undereye treatment that is supposed to get rid of dark circles and puffiness, but it's not your usual cream. It's a...powder I think? Or mud as the name suggests? Basically you tap this onto your eye orbital and wait three minutes before wiping it off with a tissue. Based on the reviews I read this baby burns a lot, so if you have sensitive skin you may want to steer clear of this.

Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil - First Love (0.29oz full size value: $10) - I like roll-on perfumes since they minimize wasted product and prevents making your significant other who's standing behind you from smelling like a woman due to accidental over spray. Plus, I like perfume oils because I feel they're a lot more potent than the regular stuff so all you need is a tiny bit. This perfume hails from South Korea and is a combination of lemon zest, jasmine, honeysuckle, water lotus, and white rose. Unfortunately, all I can smell is rose so I won't be keeping this one. Sorry, deal breaker.

Makeup Bag - I typically don't care for patterns on my bags. I'm a boring solid block type of girl. But! There are always exceptions. This is one of them and I'm not totally sure why. I think it's because I like the color combo. Like if this were pink and orange I'd throw this faaar across the room. I kind of wish the zipper was on top instead of the side but it's not like 3/4" less space will cramp my lifestyle or anything so I'm cool with this bag. I'm keeping it.

So did I find love this month with Ipsy? Maybe. I'm kind of in love with the soft bristles on the makeup brush, and I didn't even try it yet. I hope it's a good brush; if not I'll just run it across my face all day just because I can. The bag was my second favorite part because pink and gray are awesome together. Actually gray with anything is awesomesauce. I wish I made my wedding colors blue and gray instead of blue and silver. The only advantage silver has is that I'll be able to decorate everything with tin foil and still say it's within my color scheme. Anyway, for a bag valued at $46 I kind of thought I'd love more stuff in it but oh well. The blush is nice.

If you want to subscribe to Ipsy click here to get on the wait list! You won't be charged for your first bag until you get off the list. And for $10 you really can't beat the value, especially when everything you get is a deluxe sample or bigger. Not every bag will be a hit, but it evens out over a few months so you end up with a pile of awesome finds and a pile that you can trade for awesome finds :) Win win, right?

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

2 comments:

  1. To me this seems like one of the best Ipsy bags I've seen in a while, but different strokes for different folks, I guess. I like the sound of silver decorations though. Tinfoil hats for your guests, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm not yet adventurous enough for purple eye shadow. Give me a few months and maybe I'll be game :) And yes to foil hats! And flowers, and centerpieces.

      Delete