Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pooch Party Packs Review - April 2015

Last week I received a box from a new dog subscription service called Pooch Party Packs. The company was founded by a pup-loving couple (who spent some time here in Hawaii!) who wanted to make everyday with our four-legged friends feel like a party. Pooch Party Packs has a soft spot for small businesses, so I think we can expect to see a lot of new brands in this box!

What: Pooch Party Packs is a subscription box for dogs filled with 4-5 treat, toy, and hygiene items. Boxes are curated according to your dog's size. This review is for a medium-dog box.
When: Ships monthly on the 15th to anywhere in the U.S.
Cost: $29.99-$34.99 per month depending on the length of your subscription + $4.99 shipping (UPDATE: Pooch Party Packs has announced that all plans now include FREE SHIPPING!!)

The box itself is really cute -- they totally took the party idea and ran with it. It's got a personal invitation on it that says "You're invited to ______'s party!" There's a blank space baby, and I'll write your name! I'm a sucker for colorful things (and shiny things, and squeaky things - I'm kind of like a puppy, really...) so the colorful info card was definitely a welcome sight:
April Pooch Party Packs info card
The info card detailed all the items in the box. April's theme is "A Day At Sea." Now that spring is in full swing and the water once again looks inviting, it's time for some aquatic fun! Even if you don't live near the ocean or a lake, Pooch Party Packs brings the fun to your home. The box was kinda heavy, and being the big kid that I am, that made me even more excited to dig in.
Everything was packed very nicely and securely. And look, patriotic paper crinkles!


JW Pets Darwin the Frog Cuz (Value: $5?) - It's a squeaky frog! I love JW toys. (The dogs do too) Their hard rubber toys are one of the few that Pebbles cannot destroy right away. But give her time and she will eventually chew it apart. Just ask the JW treat pod lying on our counter that's missing half a pod *cry cry*. As with most thick rubber toys, I'd recommend washing it before giving it to your furball as they tend to reek of oil or something chemical-ish when it's brand new. I kind of wish the Cuzes had a treat-dispensing hole on the bottom (my dogs would totally love that). With the exception of squeaky tennis balls, if it doesn't give treats Macho finds it boring; fortunately, Pebbles will play with anything she can pick up. This includes my phone that now has a chip in the screen courtesy of her teeth :( Here is a happy Pebbles for you:
Dog heaven on earth
Kong Pillow Critters Seal (Value: $15) - Kong is known for their tough toys, but most of them (with the exception of the Kong Classic) won't last long once Pebbles gets to it. She would rip this one apart in no time and I can't bear to see that cute seal disemboweled, so this will be a Macho-only toy. When I unboxed everything Macho immediately tried to take it off the table so I think he approves (even though it doesn't give him treats).
But what kind of dog-mom would I be if I didn't make him earn his toys?
Five minutes later it was all gross and covered with slobber to the point where I refused to throw it for him to fetch. He then proceeded to shove it into my lap until I couldn't take it anymore. Darn dog.
He got the cuddles
PetSafe Indigo Smokehouse Strips - Chicken Flavor (Value: $10) - OHMIGOSH this smells delicious. These are smoked chicken jerky strips, and quite a generous amount too. Since these strips are made with all-natural ingredients with no preservatives, they come vacuum sealed and should be used within three days if not refrigerated. The folks at PetSafe were nice enough to provide two separate 3oz bags so you don't have to worry about the strips going bad before using it up, and they also included a zip top baggie to seal the strips once you open them. So far these treats have been a godsend. Macho never listens to me...unless I have a smokehouse strip in my hand. I once again have the upper hand. :)

Doghouse Biscuits - Little Bitty Cheese Bones (Value: $7) - One of my favorite things to see in a dog sub box are treats from small businesses. More often than not they're organic and only contain ingredients you can pronounce. And 99.9% of the time my dogs love them. This time was no exception. These biscuits only have five ingredients, all of which I have in my kitchen. Plus, they were superfresh - it had a packaging date of 4/10 and was in my hands just a week later! It's no surprise that the furbutts love em. Also because cheese.


We had so much fun with this box! From the adorable box design to the great quality of the items, we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. It had a value of around $37 which about breaks even with the cost, but from what I've seen this is normal with pet boxes. But it does save the hassle of going out and buying everything on your own. AND IT'S LIKE YOUR DOG IS GETTING A SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY EVERY MONTH. Pebbles' favorite toy is the squeaky frog; she's constantly flinging it at Macho hoping he'll return the favor (he doesn't). Instead Macho prefers the stuffed Kong, which is odd considering he's usually only interested in treat-dispensing toys. I guess the Kong is just that good. And both treats are wonderful - no preservatives and made in USA!

I know you want to party with your pooches, and Pooch Party Packs is here to help. Stuffed with high quality items, each month is sure to be a total rager. You can subscribe here and save up to 15% with a 6-month subscription. I'm sure your dog is giving you "the look" right now. So is Macho:
Pooch Party Packs: Macho approves.

Note: Although I received this box free for review purposes, all opinions expressed within this post are my own...and Macho and Pebbles' :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, look at all those happy faces! And seriously... Macho's ears. I die. I think I need a Corgi. How old is Macho? Pebbles is just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! He's 3 1/2 years. But he only started behaving a year ago. Pebbles...she's still a little brat. But I actually think she's the alpha in their relationship *snicker*

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad Macho and Pebbles enjoy the box. You have some cute dogs! We just wanted to announce that we have listened to customer feedback and we have decided to drop shipping altogether! Our prices will remain the same with FREE SHIPPING! We look forward to sharing our love of finding high quality toys and healthy treats with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear! Thank you for the update. I'll update this post right away. Keep up the fantastic boxes!

      Delete