Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Review

Ever since Memebox's huge overhaul in which they stopped selling their boxes for ridiculously cheap, I haven't been able to fit one in my budget with these wedding $$$$$ looming over my head and all. Hopefully once that's over I can start indulging again. :) Fortunately, I do have something Memebox-related to share with you today - it's Berrisom's Oops My Lip Tint Pack! I have two of the colors right now: Chic Purple and Bubble Pink. I'm about 90% sure I won't love the purple so I haven't gotten around to trying that one yet, but I'll be sharing my thoughts on the pink one with you.

In K-beauty, a "pack" usually  means something that's washed or peeled off after a designated amount of time. In the case of Berrisom's lip tints, it's a peel-off type of thing. I'm kind of obsessed with peeling things. It all started with a peeling foot mask and it was so disturbingly exhilarating that now I can't say no to a peel. Like, ever. These little lip tints peel off to reveal tinted lips. Lots of people prefer lip tints over typical lipstick or gloss because of its awesome staying power. You can usually eat a meal without worrying about reapplying afterward.
These Berrisom tints actually come in 8 colors, but you can get a 6-pack from the Memebox store (well, it's sold out right now but they should be restocking soon enough). The only colors missing from this set are Chic Purple and Candy Orange.
They're supposedly scented, but don't take my word for it (missing Virgin Red and Vivid Scarlet from the chart below):
Each lip tint comes in a 15g tube. Here are the key ingredients and their purposes:
It looks like this product shouldn't be incredibly drying since most of the ingredients are conducive to skin conditioning and moisturizing. Now let's take a look at how to use this thing. I personally have never used a lip tint pack so this is all new to me. Time to learn!
Okay so basically you apply it, let it dry, then peel. And voila! You have beautifully tinted lips. Let's see how real life compares:

The applicator tip looks like that of lots of lip glosses. Skinny with an angled tip that the product oozes out from. This tint also smells. Not like cookies like the description says. No no no. More like glue, which is more understandable since this thing is tacky as heck. Since the photo example above shows application sans lip brush I decided to try it that way too.
Berrisom My Lip Tint applicator
My lips before application are in the top photo, and below that show the rest of the process.

The aftermath
Not as pretty as the example but whatever. I was terrible at coloring in the lines as a kid and evidently I'm still horrible at it :-/ I didn't see a drastic difference in lip color after leaving it on for 10 minutes so maybe I'll keep it on longer next time. It's pretty tacky while it's drying so I don't suggest pressing your lips together unless you want to start peeling it prematurely. Peeling it was a piece of cake. I was worried that I might rip off some skin but nope, I barely even felt it. As for staying power, most of the color was gone several hours later after I ate dinner. But on the bright side, I didn't notice any color transfer whatsoever. It didn't dry out my lips either, but I'd still recommend putting some balm over it just in case. One thing I didn't do that I probably should have was exfoliate prior to using this tint. Of course it won't stick if your lips are dry and peeling and although mine weren't, I think the color would have stuck on a lot better if I had a clean canvas to work with.

So let's recap the Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Pack:

PROS:
Easy to peel; didn't pull off any skin
No color transfer
Not drying
Potentially long-lasting if you exfoliate first

CONS:
Unpleasant smell
Subtle color payoff, but that can be changed with longer waiting time
Must wait for tint to completely dry before removing
Cannot touch your lips together while waiting

Does this sound like something you'd like to try? It's a unique product that I'd use just because it's so fun! I should mention that Memebox recently had a sale in which select My Lip Tint Pack shades were selling for only $3 apiece (down from the regular $10 price tag), so their stock is pretty skimpy at the moment. I believe the only ones still available from Memebox are Lovely Peach, Pure Pink, and Virgin Red, but none of them are currently on sale. I think the peach is supposed to be the subtlest in the collection and I wouldn't mind trying that one next. :)

Update 8/7/15: Okay I think the lip tints are on sale for $10 now. So if you want one...GO GO GO!!!

Note: I received Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint from Memebox for review purposes. I did not pay for these items, but I promise these are my honest opinions :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo!! I've always wanted to try these! I mean, they're completely ricidulous but that's why I neeeeeed to try one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd def recommend trying it, even if only for the novelty. The application takes a while but it's so fun to peel off I didn't really care that I had to sit around for 10 minutes (or you can just use that time to do the rest of your makeup). I also heard the purple turns out looking red so maaaybe I'll consider giving that one a shot too.....

      Delete