Wednesday, September 23, 2015

3b Box Unboxing - September 2015

What: The 3b Box (short for Beyond Beauty Borders) contains 4-5 deluxe or full-sized beauty samples that are new or popular in Asia
When: Ships during the first half of each month
Cost: $12 per month (free shipping!)

IT'S FINALLY HERE! - my first ever 3b pouch!! Ever since Memebox stopped selling those super high value boxes for ridiculously cheap, Kbeauty lovers started searching for other ways to get their beauty fix without the expensive shipping. Enter Beauty Beyond Borders. For just $12 a month (including shipping!) you get four deluxe beauty item samples covering skin care, hair care, nails, and makeup. And you're not just limited to Korean beauty - you can get stuff that's popular in Japan too!

September 3b Box info card
Leaders Mediu Snail Therapy Hand Cream (50g value: $6) - Snail is all the rage due to its ability to minimize the effect of free radicals on the skin and fight signs of aging. I've tried my fair share of snail filtrate-containing products and while it is very hydrating, I haven't noticed a difference between using snail vs a plain ol' moisturizer. I think maybe the effect would be more obvious if I had some fine lines and wrinkles to slather it over. This cream is infused with rose water and of course smells like roses. Bleh. I wish roses and I got along; I'd love so many more skin care products.

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream (10ml value: $5) - You've probably seen this floating around the swaps world in a teeny tiny tube. Fortunately, this sample's not so teeny tiny. It's the perfect size to stuff in a purse. This is a glycerin-based moisturizer from Japan that even works on chapped lips. It's a cream (i.e. thicker than a lotion) so remember, a little goes a long way!

Secret Key Honey Bees Ac Control Spot Remover (15ml full size value: $9.50) - Now this I'm interested in. This tiny tube contains bee venom and propolis, both which are great for skin. Propolis has antibacterial properties and bee venom stimulates collagen and elastin production. I've been using Finco spot cream but I noticed that lately it's been making my face feel oily and sticky. I'm gonna try this next!

RiRe Luxe Eye Lash Essence (8g full size value:~$10) - So I went to the RiRe site to look up this item's product info and what greets me on the home page? These boobie masks! Whoa. I guess there really is a mask for everything. On to the essence. Call me a beauty noob, but I'd never heard of an eyelash essence before this. Supposedly this baby gives you healthier lashes just by swiping it on twice a day. And by healthier I mean, longer, thicker, full of nutrients kind of lashes. I want to try! I just got my makeup done last week and the MUA confirmed that yes, I do have short lashes that are quite difficult to work with. But I'd like to change that. Is that even possible? I guess I'll find out. There's even a tiny brush on the tip of the main brush so you can reach the roots:

So how did my first 3b Box experience go? Well, I know I'll use at least two out of the four items and those alone are worth more than I paid for the bag so I'd say yup, my first 3b experience was a success. :) I'm so happy there's an affordable option to get Asian beauty in the U.S. 

If you think you'd be interested in this subscription I highly suggest you jump on the waitlist right away. I signed up in March but didn't receive acknowledgment until May, then got an email in August telling me I was finally off. That's a total of five months that I had to wait to get my first taste of 3b! I didn't get charged until I got off the waitlist, so you'll have plenty of time to change your mind after signing up. So don't wait, just go!

No comments:

Post a Comment