Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Got Panda Eyes? Get Tonymoly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base

Are you a night owl who has to get up super early everyday for a 7am class? Or do you suffer from some form of insomnia and have to force yourself to wake up and drag your butt to work in the morning? Then you're probably no stranger to dark circles and bags under your eyes from lack of sleep. Both situations applied to me for longer than I'd like to admit. I had panda bear eyes throughout my entire college/grad school career and it continued well into my professional career. Every morning I woke up with puffy eyes and would load on the concealer. Of course it didn't help much because I later found out I was using the wrong color.

Concealers that match your skin tone are fine and I'd definitely recommend keeping one on hand. But when it comes to color-correcting, there's a whole bunch of colors available. So which color do you use? Take a look at the color wheel below. When using concealer you generally want to use a color opposite that of the area you're trying to conceal. Red zit? Go for a green concealer. Got a bruise? Try a yellow one.


Tonymoly's Panda's Dream is a white stick that doubles as a highlighter and concealer. Using light or white colors on the high points of your face will perk up your complexion and help make your face look smooth and radiant. And as I explained above, using a white color on dark circles or brown spots will help to conceal those areas.

First things first: HOW CUTE IS THIS PACKAGING?! I'm lucky enough to have a Tonymoly store within driving distance so I like to go there and drool over the cuteness overload. But buying things because they're cute does empty your wallet pretty quickly. *sad panda face* The Panda's Dream stick looks and feels much like a stick of concealer, though maybe not as soft texture-wise. It's a generous size too, about the diameter of a nickel.
What I like is that there's no yucky makeup smell. You know, the one that smells like rancid oil. In fact, it smells quite refreshing. A bit floral, but nothing I can't handle. That's saying a lot because I'm normally very sensitive to floral scents. 

As far as how well it works, I haven't tried it as a highlighter yet, but I did try it on my undereye bags using the handy sponge that Memebox thoughtfully included. Was it a success? See for yourself:
Using Panda's Dream to hide eye bags
Okay the change wasn't dramatic, but the biggest difference was on my left eye (right side on the photo above). The bags didn't disappear entirely, but the shadow isn't as obvious. Could I have achieved the same thing with a plain ol' stick of concealer? Probably. But what's awesome about this one is that it leaves a lovely not-there finish, as in you can't even tell it's there even if you run your fingers over the area. In my experience most concealer sticks leave a slightly oily or cakey finish immediately after application, but not Panda's Dream. It's as if it disappears as you blend it in.

So will I be using this again? Most definitely. I can't wait to use it as a highlighter. I don't use the shimmery luminous ones because they make me look too shiny. I've been looking for something more subtle that will get the job done. I think I may be onto something here...

Plus, for a limited time, get 20% off all Tonymoly products on the Memebox site with code TONYMOLY20. Yes, that means you can snag Panda's Dream for under $10! And if you spend $30 or more you automatically get free shipping to anywhere in the US. Score!


Note: I received Tonymoly Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base from Memebox for review purposes. I did not pay for this item, but I can assure you these are my honest opinions :) Post does not contain any referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment