Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Winter 2015 Box "Welcome Santa!" Review

What: Fortune Cookie Soap Company specializes in bath and body products in unique exclusive scents. The Soap box contains 8 pre-release FCS bath product samples
When: Ships quarterly (Feb/May/Aug/Nov)
Cost: $19.99 (US), $28.00 (CAN), $34.00 (Int'l)
Fun fact: Each box comes with a $10 code to use in the FCS shop!

Ooh look! The Soap Box now has a logo on it! I've been looking forward to the Winter box for a while because I love everything about the holidays. The joy, the smells, and especially being able to take a few days away from work! Oh, and singing the heck out of those Christmas carols in my car. I hear winter soap box and I think peppermint filling my nostrils while sipping on some hot chocolate and munching on gingerbread cookies next to my Christmas tree. Mmmm! Winter's box is inspired by the movie "Elf." This is C's favorite Christmas movie (he's a huge Will Ferrell fan).
Winter FCS info card
Buddy Fortune Cookie Soap - notes of holiday fruits, candy, crushed vanilla, and a hint of mint. I've never cared for a fortune cookie soap enough to want to keep it, but I think I might keep this one. It's not very practical for the shower ("your fortune cookie refuses to stay put on your soap dish!") especially with its little red pompom nose, but it's fun to have and it smells like fruitcake. 

Shower Duet Shave Oil - spruce and vanilla, fir and fruits, hyacinth and mint. I'm not huge on the shower oil thing because I prefer not having to clean out my razor after every stroke. Shave oils tend to clog your razor superfast and leave an oily film on the blades so you have to clean it often and clean it well. But you do get a really nice shave and soft skin afterwards. I guess it just depends on how lazy you are. I'm a 10 on the laziness scale.

Christmas Gram Face Plant - warm steamy air, fresh with lavender and sea salt spray, mingle with the woody earthiness of sage and dark vanilla. I giggled when I saw this. What's a face plant? Images of walking fails flooded my brain. A face plant is a steam treatment for your face. Fill a bowl with super hot water, drop in a few tablets, and lower your face into the steamy goodness. The idea is that the steam will open up your pores so that the lavender can calm deep within your skin. These tablets smell sooooo good. I might use it as a foot soak.

Yellow Snow Bath Bomb - a juicy blend of ripe plums, whipped caramel, vanilla jasmine, and exotic woods, with just a squeeze of zesty Mandarin oranges. Teehee. I'm recalling all the yellow snow jokes I heard as a kid. Wait, what am I talking about? - I'm still a big kid! This smells lovely. Like candy. Now I'm really sad that our tub stopper broke and I couldn't find a replacement. I guess I'm going out and finding a plug or a rubber cover or something - anything - so that I can use this because I just haaave to.

Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins Dry Shampoo - lilies, freesia, jasmine, and bayberry, muddled with fresh blackberries and plums, garnished with a sprig of peppermint. You've got to be Buddy the elf in order to come up with these names. I saw Ninny Muggins and instantly thought of niggly wigglies. You know, that paper ribbon on Hershey kisses. I must be craving chocolate. This dry shampoo smells clean. And it should. But it's kind of too clean, like laundry detergent. 

World's Best Cup of Coffee Whipped Cream - Vermont maple syrup, with just the right amount of fresh brewed coffee. Mmm, this smells like a creme brulee frappuccino. I wish there was a such thing. Unless it's already on the secret menu? (Speaking of Starbucks' secret menu, I tried the banana split frappuccino a couple of weeks ago and it's my new favorite!) I almost feel like if I put this on my skin then the insects will be more attracted to me and mistaken me for a 5' tall piece of candy.

Swirly Twirly Gum Drops OCD Hand Sanitizer - cotton candy, lemon drops, and fresh pear nectar, dancing with tart cranberries and black currants. I think this is the first FCS hand sanitizer I got that doesn't have glitter in it. This one smells sweet - black cherry kind of sweet, not so much the cotton candy. I like it but I think it would drive C nuts. Darn his sensitive nose. I guess this one is coming with me to work :)

FCS Cheer Perfume Oil - rich, buttery vanilla pound cake, over dark frankincense, patchouli, and cedar. I never thought frankincense and pound cake could be smashed together in one scent. Looks like I was wrong. I'm glad they finally decided to nix the drams for the perfume oil samples. Every time I use one I feel like I'm going to knock it over and make a huge mess. Surprisingly this smells exactly like how it sounds. After several minutes all you smell is the buttery pound cake so it's pretty awesome in my book.


Yippee, I think this is my favorite box from FCS. I didn't despise any one scent so I'm pretty satisfied with their concoctions. Plus they introduced a few new products and that's always exciting. I didn't see the minty, piney, chocolatey, spicy goodness that I was expecting but that's okay; these fragrances are way more fun and inventive. I was planning to unsubscribe after this box because $20 is a bit pricey for what you get but I'm so impressed right now that it's hard to do it. Plus it's so much fun seeing what's new for the season! Ok fine. Twist my arm. I guess I'm keeping it. ;-)

Note: I paid for this subscription and all opinions expressed in this post are mine (and my nose's).

No comments:

Post a Comment