Tuesday, December 22, 2015

3B Unboxing & Review - December 2015

What: The 3b Box (short for Beyond Beauty Borders) contains 4-5 deluxe or full-sized beauty samples that are new or popular in Korea, Japan, and Taiwan
When: Ships during the first week of each month
Cost: $12 per month (free shipping!)


The 3B Box is a pretty awesome box that sends out some pretty awesome stuff that are great for both beauty noobs as well as the experienced folks. This is the sub that finally broke down my walls and got me to try oil cleansing on my oily face. And guess what? I love it!! It's been a whole month and not a single breakout. That's unheard of for me.

Oh December, what will you bring?

TonyMoly I'm Real Tea Tree Sheet Mask (Value: $3) - Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties and can help clear mild acne while soothing your skin. I'm not sure what concentration is in this sheet mask, but any is better than none, right? 

Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner (25ml value: $1) - I'm pretty sure this is a toner, possibly an astringent because it says it contains Astringentlex whatever that is. This is supposed to clean pores with peppermint extract and tighten them up. It does have alcohol listed as the second ingredient so if you have dry skin or are sensitive to products containing alcohol, you may want to spot test this one first. 

Boutique Bebe Hair Salon Vita Clinic Ampoule (24ml value: $2) - I remember getting something similar to this in a past Memebox. This is a conditioning treatment that contains bean flour, olive oil, red beans, cnidium, and Korean honey locust. I may just be naive, but when I first read honey locust I cringed and thought of fat juicy ground up bugs. But no, this one's a plant guys...just in case you're in the same uneducated boat as me. I can't say I noticed my hair looking shinier and happier and healthier after using this just one time, but I can't say my hair was incredibly damaged beforehand either. Perhaps with continued use I would have seen a difference. But it did leave my hair smelling good the whole day :)
It's Skin Prestige Creme D'Escargot BB (10ml value: $4) - Ah, BB cream. I might be the only one who doesn't care for them. I think I just don't like the sunscreen-y scent a lot of them have. Based on the context, I'm fairly certain this has snail mucin extract in it. Add that to the long list of things BB cream does for you and it's like you have a one-step skincare routine!

Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel (120ml value: $10) - I have a weird fascination with peels. I love seeing the before/after difference, and the actual peeling is a fun bonus. This one isn't an actual mask that you peel off your face, but rather it pills up to remove dead skin and reveals the new skin underneath, while lemon extract brightens up your complexion. It's gotten some pretty good reviews and I'm excited to try it out. Sadly, it doesn't smell like lemons :(


What a fun box! 3B consistently puts out great curations that are great for skincare lovers of all experience levels. It's great for beginners because they send out products for all the steps in a typical K-beauty skincare routine, and the quality brands they send out would satisfy even the most advanced beauty gurus. I have high hopes for the peeling gel in here and am looking forward to trying it tonight! I'm pretty sure there's still a wait list for this box so click here to get on it! It took a few months for me to get off, but I definitely think it was worth the wait.


Note: All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Post does not contain any referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment