Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Birchbox Unboxing - November 2015

What: Birchbox contains 4-6 samples of high-end beauty and lifestyle products
When: Ships on the 10th of each month
Cost: $10/month or $110/year upfront
Fun fact: Birchbox has an awesome points system where you can review products or make purchases from the Birchbox shop to earn points. Every 100 points gets you $10 credit in the BB shop.

Oh my, where has all the time gone? It's December already and I barely had a chance to go through November sub goodies yet. First up is Birchbox. My box came in just in time for Thanksgiving and the first thing I thought was, ooo such a pretty box. I don't even like roses but this rose design works for two reasons: (a) I like teal and (b) I like black. The theme also sounds fun - making time for yourself before the hectic holiday season, whether it's learning a new makeup trick or getting glammed up for a date with your girlfriends. I didn't actually open this box until after Black Friday; so much for pre-holiday indulgence. But! I did take a few days off from work to catch the sales so I guess that counts as indulgence...especially because most of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping I did was for me ;)

November Birchbox info card
Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum (0.5oz value: $8.75) - I think this might be my first hair serum with sea buckthorn oil as the main reparative ingredient. Seaberry oil is full of antioxidants and can be used to treat and prevent sunburn as well as do double duty as a cough expectorant. Yup, it's got a pretty impressive resume, but will it work on my hair? Guess I gotta find out...as soon as I run out of my Marc Anthony Moroccan Oil.

Temple Spa La La Lagoon Aromatic Bath & Shower Gel (0.84oz value: $1) - If you like minty and herbal-smelling things, this is for you. This shower gel is infused with ylang ylang, eucalyptus & patchouli to soothe your skin as well as your mind. I like stress relief, but I'm not particularly fond of this scent. Smells a tad masculine to me but that's because I like fruity- and sugary-scented stuff. Cotton candy shower gel? Gimme all of it :D

LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick - Glam Life (0.02oz full size value: $8) - Meet LOC, Birchbox's new brand. Every subscriber received one of the lipstick shades curated by YouTube sensation Tati Westbrook. We had a chance to choose which shade we'd get and I was hoping to snag First Kiss (pinky beige), but by the time I opened the email the only choice left was Glam Life which is a purplish berry plum. Of course it didn't occur to me until later that if I left my choice blank, there could have still been a chance that I'd end up with the pinky mauve color. Oh well. Plum is a nice fall color, now's as good a time as ever to get used to it!

Harvey Prince Sincerely Perfume - Has anybody been keeping track of how many fragrances Harvey Prince has pumped out? It seems like every few months I'm getting a new one in my Birchbox. Sincerely has delicate notes of South African freesia, Japanese orange flower, Moroccan rose, Turkish cyclamen, and Indian tuberose. Hints of spicy Indonesian clove bud trickle in with fresh Spanish mandarin and French bergamot while deep and intriguing Lebanese cedarwood and Australian sandalwood transport you to faraway lands. It's seriously a trip around the world in a single whiff.

theBalm Cosmetics FratBoy Shadow/Blush (0.02oz value: $1.50) - FratBoy is a peach-pink blush that can also double as an eye shadow. I'm always going to love theBalm's cute magnetic cases, but blush is one thing I don't go through quickly enough to keep extras on hand.


I'm a bit ho hum about this box because the only thing I'd actually keep is the hair serum and maaaybe the lipstick if I'm daring enough to rock dark purple. I thought changing my profile up might give me more things I'd like but I guess I haven't found the right answer combo yet. *sigh*

If you're interested in Birchboxing (yup, my word), click here to start your subscription. Even if you don't like your first few boxes, you can change up your profile at any time to tweak future box curations. That usually works for most people, though it may take a few attempts like it is for me. To give you more incentive to stay, Birchbox also has the best points system out there where you can earn points like crazy and redeem them by shopping around their huge online store.

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions contained within this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment