Monday, December 28, 2015

Birchbox Unboxing - December 2015


What: Birchbox contains 4-6 samples of high-end beauty and lifestyle products
When: Ships on the 10th of each month
Cost: $10/month or $110/year upfront
Fun fact: Birchbox has an awesome points system where you can review products or make purchases from the Birchbox shop to earn points. Every 100 points gets you $10 credit in the BB shop



My Birchbox arrived on Christmas Eve which felt pretty darn awesome because it was another present I could put under the tree. :) I didn't peek ahead of time so it really did feel like I was opening a gift. I must also comment on the cozy sweater feeling this month's box pattern gave me. Yay for winter!

Amika Nourishing Hair Mask (0.7oz value: $3) - Based on other products I've gotten containing sea berries, I think I'm going to love how this hair mask smells. Aaand yup, I can smell it through the foil seal. Yum yum yum! I might be able to squeeze two uses out of this tube if I'm lucky, but if it'll make my hair smell this yummy then I'm definitely going to use up every last dollop. 

Coastal Scents styleEYES Eyeshadow Palette - glamourEYES (shadow duo value: ~$3) - There are three variations of the styleEYES palette: Formal Eyes (nudes and pinks), Glamour Eyes (bold colors), and Social Eyes (deep neutrals). Each has eight complimentary colors to suit the occasion. The Glamour Eyes sampler has two colors - silver and a shimmery black. I have shimmery versions of almost any color you can imagine, but no shimmery black. I need to keep this.
Coastal Scents glamourEYES palette swatches
Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow - (0.24oz value: $4) - I don't use BB creams, but this one has the benefit of being made for golden tones like mine. However, this also contains mica and I'm not a huge fan of foundations/highlighters/BB creams that impart a "luminous and dewy" look. In real life it just makes me look sweaty. I'm sure there's a secret to it that I'm just not aware of, and when I find out what that secret is I'll come back and revisit this.

Kate Spade Live Colorfully Eau de Parfum - I got my first Kate Spade merchandise last Christmas after dropping MAJOR hints to C (i.e. *while walking around the Kate Spade outlet store* C: "What do you want for Christmas?" S:"How about this Kate Spade wallet?" *picks up wallet*). If that wasn't obvious enough I don't know what is. I looove my wallet, by the way. :) I hoped I would also love this scent but I just don't. It's fun and flirty but not fruity. I'm a fruity scent kind of gal. 
In case you're curious about the scent, Live Colorfully has notes of Hawaiian blooms like gardenia, pink water lily, and tiare flower, along with coconut water, Tahitian vanilla, and mandarin with musk and sheer amber base notes.

Soap & Paper Factory Shea Butter Hand Cream - Green Tea (0.5oz value: $4) - I might be just a liiittle obsessed with collecting hand creams, which would be fine if I actually used them. But I don't. Not really, anyway. I'll use it when my hands start cracking, but I'm really bad at using it regularly. I keep collecting them though because they smell soooo good. Unfortunately, this particular one is a bit too floral for me, and I can't smell anything green tea about it :(


Well, this box started off good for me then kinda went downhill from there. But at least I'm pretty excited about the hair mask and shimmery black eye shadow. Next month Birchbox is teaming up with K-beauty shop Soko Glam co-founder Charlotte Cho to bring you the "Korean Beauty" curated box. So if you love K-beauty or are just curious what all the buzz is about, be sure to grab one for yourself! Click here to sign up!

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions contained within this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment