Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing - November 2015

What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for monthly bonus items.

This month Ipsy was a Black Friday surprise. It used take only a week to arrive, but the past few months it's been taking three. Not sure what happened there. But at least its arrival helped ease the pain of emptying my wallet on Black Friday specials. For the first time all day I was the one receiving the goodies :) As always, I avoided peeking earlier in the month so I had no idea what to expect. Read on to find out if this Glam Bag contained any new faves!

Luxie Beauty Matte Eye Shadow No. 290 (0.05oz single pan value: $6) - This is a very pretty rosy mauve shadow that's dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic and great for sensitive skin. You actually buy these little pans individually then purchase the empty palette separately to create your own customized eye shadow palette combo. How fun!

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara - Jet Black (0.14oz value: $8.75) - My faith in mascaras has dwindled to almost non-existent. I've been on a years-long search for the perfect one that will lengthen and hold a curl. So far every single one I've tried uncurled my lashes if anything. And as far as lengthening, forget it. Even the lady who did my wedding makeup told me I'm better off with falsies than trying to play up my lashes with mascara. *sob* Moving along.

Trestique Mini Matte Lip Crayon - Chile Red (0.02oz value: $10.50) - I think the last time I got one of these was back in a summer Ipsy bag, and it was in a shadow instead of a lip crayon. But they sure look alike, see?
Imagine getting them mixed up and putting lipstick on your eyelids. Yowza. I do like collecting lippies (though for some reason I rarely remember to wear them), but chile red is a bit out of my comfort zone. I think C would freak out if he saw me wearing bright red lipstick.

Coolway Strong Hold Hairspray (0.5oz value: $3) - Get the volume minus the frizz. Strong Hold hairspray with humidity control keeps your hair in place without it getting frazzled as the day wears on. I personally have used hairspray about twice in the past two years so I think it's safe to say I'm boring because I don't style my hair. Like, ever. It's either down or in a ponytail. Or if I'm feeling particularly adventurous I'll do a half pony. I think it's because I can't stand getting the stiff tangles from hairspray out of my hair when I shower *shiver*

Mai Couture Travel Blush Paper - Montecito (10 half-sheets value: $1.75) - Oily midday face, disappearing makeup by lunchtime, you know how it goes. But the smart guys at Mai Couture have concocted an all-in-one solution: makeup paper! It's a blotting paper AND makeup in one. Pat to remove oil, then rub the paper on your face, applying more pressure for more intense color. Aside from blush paper there's also bronzing paper, foundation paper, and highlighter paper, and all come in different shades. Montecito is the darkest pink, but it's really not that dark in real life. I did an arm swatch below using firm pressure and about five swipes, and that's all the color payoff I got. I'm not huge on blush, but I'll probably be checking out their foundation papers because these papers are so easy to use and just toss.

I forgot to take a picture of November's bag but it's pretty stellar. Literally. It's got stars and galaxies on it. It's also rather pink. If there was a black/blue universe on there I'd be all over it, but a pink/blue cosmos, mmm not so much. 

*Sigh* I am sad, Ipsy. The only things I would use are the eye shadow (but I already have a similar color) and the blush paper because it's such a fun concept. Everything else though, sad face. I think it's time to revisit my profile. Oh and look, no wonder I got a mascara - it was still checked in my profile. There; I changed a few things. Hopefully that'll help out with future bags. Click here if you want to get your own Ipsy glam bag too. I heard there's no wait list right now so hurry up and jump on a spot before there's a line!

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment