Thursday, December 24, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Unboxing - Winter 2015

  What: Walmart Beauty Box contains samples of beauty products from major drugstore brands
When: Ships once a season (March, June, September, and December)
Cost: The box itself is free, but there is a $5 flat shipping fee

Merry Christmas Eve, everybody! Look what decided to show up just in time for Xmas. This is going to be quick because I've still got a whole lot of wrapping of presents to do, but I just wanted to share what came in the latest Walmart Beauty Box. I think they send out two versions each time; for reference this box is for a 30-year-old.

Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray - Holy cheeseballs, I didn't know Pantene made so many hairsprays. This particular one is great for high humidity environments (like here) which would be awesome if I used hairspray. It seems the more I try to avoid hairsprays, the more they gravitate toward me. *sigh*

Goody SlideProof Silicone Elastics - Hm. These are fun and also a little creepy. The underside of each of these elastics is full of soft spiky silicone feet. It kind of reminds me of the belly of a caterpillar. You know those fat juicy ones, like Heimlich from A Bug's Life. I like non-metal elastics, but these types always snap at the seam when I try to tie my hair. I usually end up buying the ones that come in a long strand that you cut/tie yourself. Still it's worth a shot because mines always slides off my hair.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Facial Cleanser - I think there's been a Neutrogena item in almost every Walmart box so far. In fact, I think this exact cleanser made an appearance in the spring box, but I'm pretty sure it's buried somewhere in my piles of samples at the moment. This particular facial cleanser is infused with white tea and Vitamin E to boost softness, evenness, and radiance.

Dial 7-Day Moisturizing Lotion Omega Moisture - No Walmart Box would be complete without a travel sized lotion or body wash. For winter they're sending us moisturizing lotion. Good call. The Omega Moisture line is packed with sea berries for deep hydration. This smells soooo good and it absorbs quickly without being greasy. Love this one! Who says winners have to cost an arm and a leg?

NSPA Exotically Creamy Coconut Rich Body Butter - This is the first time I've heard of this brand. NSPA is England-based Nirvana Spa's product line, and it seems like Walmart is the only one who carries their products in the US. Sadly, the ones near me don't. This body butter does indeed look and smell very rich, but we are talking about coconut so I'd expect nothing less. There's also mango, vanilla, and raspberry fragrances to choose from. And it's not only body butter - there's also shower scrub, shower gel, and body mist available as well.

Pure Silk Raspberry Mist Shave Cream - I've tried this before and it's alright. It does its job, but there's nothing spectacular about it. But it does smell good. And it's in a rust-proof can so that's a huge plus for me. I'm kind of obsessed with keeping a clean bathroom so when I see a rust ring appear my brain just about explodes. Thank goodness that won't happen with this one.

Also included were a bunch of sample foils and coupons. Some shampoo/conditioner, multivitamins, moisturizer, perfume, but the one that really caught my eye is that one on the bottom left. STAR WARS. I'm still waiting for the crowds to die down before seeing the movie, but in the meantime I will enjoy my $3 off a Star Wars limited edition lipstick, thankyouverymuch. And! This mini booklet even tells you how to get their look. Halloween 2016, I'm ready for you.

This was a really fun box (thanks, Star Wars). Some moisturizers, some hair products, cleanser, and shave cream to round it out. And you wanna know something weird? I think the boring-est thing in here is my favorite thing. Yup, I'm kind of in love with the Dial lotion because it smells like the Eater Bunny just pooped candy onto my hands. The most interesting is definitely the hair elastics. I'm still trying to get over images of fat caterpillars in my head.

Walmart Beauty box continues to be one of my favorites because it introduces you to so many affordable brands. It's pretty much a godsend, especially if you're ballin' on a budget like I am. Sign up here to get a box shipped to you every quarter!

Note: All opinions contained within this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment