Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter! (with the pups)

Hello friends! I hope you all had an enjoyable (relaxing?) Easter weekend full of love, cheer, and everything fluffy and cute. While everybody and their sister was busy dressing up their kids and/or pets as bunnies, over at my house we tried something a little different because their natural ears are sort of like a bunny's anyway. We turned our dogs into Easter yodas. 
 Pebbles played along nicely. She even agreed to pose with some easter eggs.
Don't mind her tongue. When you hold a treat in front of her it likes to chill outside of her mouth.
But Macho wanted none of it. All he wanted to do was kill the ears.
I like my own ears better, thankyouverymuch.
I was able to make him sit still only after bribing him with a Petco creme cookie. It's his favorite treat in the world so we reserve those exclusively for times like these when nothing else works.
A pitiful looking Yoda, he is.
The poor guy looked like he wanted to cry. As a reward for being (semi-)good sports we sent the pups on an egg hunt throughout the house. To my surprise they found every single treat-filled egg. And then they kept revisiting all the hiding places for the rest of the day hoping another egg would magically appear. Silly dogs, your humans aren't that nice to you.

Since the dogs were getting most of the attention I didn't want my husband to feel left out so I whipped up a batch of homemade pizza biscuits for him. It's the perfect brunchtime snack. I think it worked because he didn't seem to care that I spent the rest of the day cruising by the dogs. Food is definitely the way to a man's heart.
Treats for humans, treats for dogs. Everybody wins.
How was your Easter? I hope better than this guy's:
So. Humiliating.

No comments:

Post a Comment