Wednesday, April 13, 2016

3B Box Review - April 2016

What: The 3B Box (short for Beyond Beauty Borders) contains 4-5 deluxe or full-sized beauty samples from Korea, Japan, or Taiwan
When: Ships during the first week of each month
Cost: $12 per month (free shipping!)

3B Box was created with the Asian beauty-seeking woman in mind. Each month 3B sends a pouch of beauty or makeup items from Korea, Japan or Taiwan. It's a great way to try out some coveted brands and serums/creams/cleansers without worrying about paying outrageous shipping fees only to find out you don't even like the product.

I'm glad to see that they've improved their packaging by using a box that actually stays closed. Before, they'd ship the pouch in one of those boxes that's more of a cardboard wrapper than an actual box and the inner pouch would be peeking through (I linked to a fellow blogger who knows my pain) by the time it arrived. Once, one of the samples had gotten loose and was poking halfway out of the box. Bottom line: yay for sturdier boxes and no missing samples! :)

Benton Honest Cleansing Foam - I'm a big fan of the Benton brand. I've got the Snail Bee toner, essence, and steam cream at home and love them all.  And now I have the foaming face wash. Welcome to the family, Benton cleanser!

Botanic Farm Rice Mask - I haven't jumped on the rice bandwagon yet, but I might. Supposedly rice water - especially when it's fermented - is loaded with nutrients to keep your skin (and hair) healthy and radiant. The magic lies in a byproduct of the fermentation process (trademarked as Pitera) which keeps your skin looking young for like, forever. If you were raised eating rice with every meal, go and take a look at Mom's hands. See how soft they are? See, magic. I'mma go and collect all my rice water from now on and put it all over my hair and face. It sure would save me a ton of $$$ versus buying it (I'm talking about you, SK-II).

It's Skin Color Play Powder Eye Shadow - It seems like I've been getting tons of shimmery eyeshadows lately. This is a shimmery bronze color (the photo below shows a better depiction of the color). I don't pull off shimmer well; I'm looking for matte shades. Did anyone get a matte shade in their bag? Wanna trade? :)

Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Cream - When 3B Box gives foil samples, they're pretty cognizant about consumers not appreciating the one-time use packet so they usually include enough to last a week. This cream contains egg yolk extract, albumin extract, and inca omega oil to improve skin elasticity. It has a stretchy consistency because of the egg. Please don't leave my face super sticky. Please don't leave my face super sticky.

Update: Good news. It isn't sticky. It actually isn't stretchy either, despite the misleading picture below. And the egg cream doesn't smell like eggs either, yay! It's lightly perfumed but not floral or offensive in any way. Plus it sinks in quickly too. Me likey!

Lador Sleeping Clinic Ampoule - This is a leave-on hair mask that you apply to clean damp hair. It contains plant extracts that nourish the scalp and provide a protective barrier against heat styling. My hair's been behaving rather nicely ever since I stopped coloring it so I think I'll hold off on using this until I get an urge to color treat again.


If I gained anything from this month's 3B Bag it's to collect my rice water from now on. I always threw that stuff out because, well, it's used water. So collect, ferment for a day, boil, let cool, and use. Oh and the egg cream sounds interesting too. And possibly sticky. Please don't be sticky.

There's a wait list for this subscription so click here to get on it. The sooner you get on, the sooner you'll get off. You won't get charged for your first box until you move off the list and confirm that you're still interested in signing up.

Note: All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Post does not contain any referral links.

3 comments:

  1. Did you use your own rice water yet?! I also was glad to see the new box. Mine come crunched and gaping every time and I live in the same city it ships from! If it gets mangled going from one post office to another then to my mail box, I can't even imagine ones making an overseas trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use your own rice water yet?! I also was glad to see the new box. Mine come crunched and gaping every time and I live in the same city it ships from! If it gets mangled going from one post office to another then to my mail box, I can't even imagine ones making an overseas trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my , smushed and it didn't even cross state lines?! It's like they deliberately tossed the boxes up in the air then had a dog run over it before shipping them out. But at last our ugly-box troubles are over (I think). I've tried collecting the rice water but it always gets thrown out before I have a chance to use it. You'd think with only two of us in the house a verbal reminder to "keep that bowl" should suffice. Time to put up the "DO NOT TOUCH" signs.

      Delete