Monday, May 16, 2016

3B Box Review - May 2016

What: The 3B Box (short for Beyond Beauty Borders) contains 4-5 deluxe or full-sized beauty samples from Korea, Japan, or Taiwan
When: Ships during the first week of each month
Cost: $12 per month (free shipping!)

Each month 3B Box sends (mostly skincare) goodies from Korea, Japan, and Taiwan. Asia takes their skincare seriously, and they've got a plethora of creams, essences, serums, masks (and so on...) to prove it. You'll sometimes find a makeup item or tool in a bag, but the skincare far outweighs the makeup stuff. This month, for example, has ALL skincare and no makeup. Not that it's a bag thing, especially when you don't wear makeup everyday. Besides, isn't natural beauty better anyway?

Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Sleeping Pack - I'm SO glad 3B provides info cards with the items because the only thing I can read on here is 'honey.' Oh, and the volume. Honey is supposed to be good for acne prone skin due to its calming and anti-microbial effects, but I've never gotten around to using anything containing it before. This is a pack that you apply at night, go to sleep, then rinse off in the morning. I don't know about you, but I'm a busy sleeper and will often roll over several times during the night and wake up facing the opposite direction. And who wants honey (and ants) all over their sheets? Yeeeah I'll probably put it on a few hours before bed and go to sleep with a clean face. :)

Skinfood Royal Honey Propolis Essence - More bee! This little bottle contains 50% propolis extract from black bees. Bees collect this resinous stuff and use it as a sealant or glue, so I expected this to be viscous as heck but it's not too thick and it's not sticky. It also contains royal jelly and honey extracts for hydration and to combat redness.

Dewytree Blackhead Out Nose Patch - I love nose patches. These pore strips are made with volcanic ash and charcoal (love these!) to pull out impurities. My husband constantly teases me and my bumpy nose. They're mostly sebaceous filaments but I'll get a blackhead every once in a while. Either way it's incredibly annoying. Pore strips buy me a couple days of happiness until my pores get clogged again. On a related note: is there a way to get rid of those oil yucks for good? Foam cleansing, oil cleansing, "pore shrinkers" and BHAs don't seem to be enough :-/

Sulwhasoo Essential Firming Cream EX - I kind of feel like I'm living large right now. Sulwhasoo is one of those brands that's pretty to look at and admire but I know I'll never ever buy. My budget begged me not to. This cream blends Korean medicinal herbs to firm up skin and stimulate collagen production. I'm going to savor every bit of this, and since my skin doesn't suck up moisturizers right away, I don't have to use too much so these packets will last me a while :)

Leaders Insolution Brightening Recovery Mask - This is a coconut gel mask that contains niacinamide to help with hyperpigmentation and even out your skin tone. I've never tried a coconut mask before but I like pretty much everything about coconuts (except the stomach ache you get when drinking too much juice), and I like products with niacinamide so I think I have to use this mask ASAP.

I really like this month's bag.  Honey = win, nose patch = win, coconut = win. I'm interested in seeing if it's worth paying the extra $$$ for luxurious moisturizer because if it is, I may have to pay a visit to Vegas (which might also result in me buying dollar store creams for life, but let's look at the bright side here).

Click here to start getting 3B Box for yourself! This is a wonderful way to introduce yourself to the Asian skincare routine, plus seasoned fanatics will enjoy the tried and true brands popping up in every bag. And for $12/month including shipping, you'd have a hard time finding a better bang for your buck in the States.

Note: All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Post does not contain any referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment