Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ipsy Review - April 2016


What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

Looks like I missed my goal of putting up this review by the end of April! (sorry!) I received the April glam bag during the last week of the month as usual and the items looked promising. Lately lots of my glam bags have been coming in with an insane value (about $40 worth of product for $10/month). Not sure why, but who am I to complain? ;)

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream (1oz value: $27) - This moisturizer's claim to fame is that it will train your skin to become less sensitive to environmental pollutants like smog. Hm. It contains Omegas 3 & 7 for protection and calendula oil to soothe irritated skin. For this price it better have gold in it too.

Purlisse Blue Lotus+Seaweed & Blue Lotus+White Tea Sheet Masks (Value: $8 each) - Plump up skin with these Blue Lotus mask blends that deliver antioxidants and minerals to skin, leaving it looking healthy and radiant. You can throw these in the fridge or dip it in hot water prior to using them depending on whether you want to calm skin or open up your pores. 

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme - Wonder (0.05oz value: $13) - I've been wanting to try Tarte's LipSurgence products for a while but never got around to ordering anything, so I'm happy one of them found its way to me! Maracuja oil makes these sticks glide on like butter and I'm digging the cool minty scent (doesn't tingle or taste minty, though). Wonder is a pretty poppy pink, but I think I'd prefer something lighter. Now I have a legitimate excuse to browse the LipSurgence collection. Naoo. ;)
Tarte LipSurgence lip creme in Wonder (poppy pink)
Luxie Tapered Highlighter Brush (Value: $24) - Ipsy seems to love sending out Luxie brushes, but I don't mind it one bit. I've grown to like their fluffy brushes with synthetic bristles. This is a highlighter brush that's great for contouring. It's pretty fluffy so I think I'm going to use it for bronzer.

Starlooks Cream Eye Shadow - Rose Gold (0.05oz value: ~$6) - I've tried and tried to love cream eyeshadows but I just don't. My eyelids become a cakey nightmare and they end up looking oily. I really wish I knew how to work with cream shadows though, because I would love to add a rose gold to my collection. //sad face

If you add up the value of this month's glam bag, it's probably the highest one I've ever gotten at over $80! I'm loving the texture of the lip creme, and that alone is worth more than what I paid, so I'm happy. The brush and masks have also found places in my home. The A/C is out at work so I'm looking forward to throwing a mask in the fridge and slapping it on my face when I get home! 

Click here to get your own Ipsy glam bag for just $10 a month. It's one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions and the value always exceeds the cost. Try it and if you don't like what you're getting you can always retake the beauty profile quiz to change up your preferences.

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

2 comments:

  1. What a great bag!! I've been contemplating signing up again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag!! I've been contemplating signing up again...

    ReplyDelete