Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ipsy Review - May 2016

Each month Ipsy sends out lots of glam bag variations and lately I've been getting some bags with insane values. Overall I've used about half of the stuff I've gotten. Still pretty good right? Hopefully I can find some new favorites this month.

What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

Hikari Shimmer Bronzer Quad - Radiate (0.25oz full size value: $17) - I'm not really a fan of shimmery bronzers to begin with, and this quad has two of them. The matte colors are nice though, and the pink can be used as a blush as well. Alternatively, these can be used as eyeshadows which is probably what I'd end up using it for.

SLMissGlam Small Contour Brush (Value: $13) - I've gotten 3 brushes in the past 3 Ipsy bags. Not that I'm complaining; I love brushes. I always say that I could never have enough brushes, but I'd like to modify that statement. I could never have enough eye shadow brushes. I currently use five for whites, peach/pinks, blue/purples, browns, and blacks, but if I could have a brush for every color I would. I think I'm good for the larger brushes though, thanks to Ipsy.

Smashbox X-Rated Mascara (0.10oz value: $7) - It's mascara. It's buildable. It won't clump, flake, or smudge. Unfortunately, I gave up on mascara.

The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm (0.16oz full size value: $7.50) - First of all, I apologize for the bits of fur in the above pic - my dog felt the sudden and urgent need to run across my Ipsy spread. This lip balm is infused with shea butter, pomegranate, rose hips, and vitamin E to keep lips soft and moisturized. People love it because it has all the stuff your lips want and nothing it doesn't. I love it because it's not sticky and it smells like citrus.

Epice Hydrating Mask (1oz value: $10.50) - Formulated with Kaolin clay, this mask is perfect for oilier skin types because it attracts and absorbs impurities. I'm a fan of anything carbon- or clay-based because my nose and chin are like tiny oil factories :(

I'm also a fan of this bag. Isn't it adorable? I love the snap closure and while I'm normally not big on picture designs, I have to admit the landmark theme is pretty cute.

I'm proud to report that Ipsy is continuing its insane value trend and that I'm still getting my money's worth with this subscription. I thought it'd be a bust because nothing caught my attention at first, but then I saw what was in the mask and tried the lip balm and...win!

Click here to try Ipsy for just $10 a month. It's one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions and lately the value has be ah-mazing!

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment