Monday, June 6, 2016

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Mini Review - May 2016

What: Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag contains cute nail polishes and body care products from their upcoming collections
When: Ships at the beginning of each month
Cost: $11(mini) - $22(large) month-to-month, cheaper with prepaid plans. Nail-, Body-, or Soap-only subs also available for $12.50 month-to-month. Free shipping for all subscriptions.
Fun Extra: DIY mystery bags are also available: RH sends you everything you need to make two of your very own nail polishes or glitter toppers!


It's been a while since I've gotten a Rainbow Honey mystery bag, but thanks to an email about their revamped bags and new rewards program I just couldn't resist. I've always been a fan of their cute glitter toppers and fun bath & body products, but at the time I had more subscriptions than my tiny wallet would allow. I've since suspended a lot of subs and decided it was time to bring my beloved RHMB back into my life.

Organic Shea Butter - Shea butter is great for dry or chapped skin, and for me the moisturizing effect lasts longer than with a regular lotion or cream. This one is unscented so you don't have to worry about smelling like fruits or flowers all day.

Cuticle Balm - I don't know about you, but I think dry cuticles can be pretty painful especially when they start peeling. This stick of cuticle balm is enriched with the shea butter above to keep them healthy and moisturized. It's also unscented so it won't interfere with Rainbow Honey's scented top coats when you do your manicure. :)

Liquid Hand Soap - Summer Fruit Smoothie - I've been out of the Rainbow Honey scene for a while and this is the first time I'm hearing about their hand soap. It foams well and has a refreshing scent of melons, coconut and sugar cane. But mostly melons.

Perfume Oil Rollerball - Summer Fruit Smoothie - I love rollerball perfumes. There's no worry about getting excess spray on my bath towels and seeing my husband's face when he realizes he smells like a girl after his morning shower. And since I prefer smelling like fruits over flowers, melons are the perfect summer scent for me. Love this!

Nail polish in Ruby Sparkler - Since when did RH start giving full size nail polishes in the mini bags?! Oh, nevermind, I just read the bag description: "3 mini or 2 large new colors." This month is featuring the upcoming Sparklers collection. Ruby Sparkler is a red base chock-full of silver (maybe gold, can't tell) microglitter. Does this remind you of Dorothy's slippers in Wizard of Oz? 

Nail polish in Lemon Sparkler - Here we have a sparkly cream base that looks more white than yellow. Not sure why it's called lemon. Maybe it'll look more yellow once it dries? It's a pretty color though, and I'd wear this cream color more often than yellow anyway.

I'm impressed with the improvements Rainbow Honey has made since my last mystery bag. I remember they increased the size of their mini nail polishes right after I got my last bag, and it seems like they have also added a lot more bath and body products since then. I'm not overly excited about either of the nail polish colors, though. RH is my favorite source for glitter toppers, and I was hoping we'd get at least one this month. Oh well, there's always next month!

If you want to subscribe to Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag you can do so here. Or save a few bucks and get an extra month for free by picking up a prepaid subscription. Also, they just released their latest limited edition Mediterrania Trio for June, inspired by everything Grecian and Mediterranean. They're such beautiful earthy colors. You should really check it out!


Note: No referral links were used in this post, just my honest opinions :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks a lot better than before! The packaging and labelling looks great. That hand soap sounds like something I need. I haven't thought about them in awhile, I should go look them up again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try them out again! They've got much more product variety and a nice new rewards points system :) The website design could still use some work, though.

      Delete