Monday, June 20, 2016

Walmart Beauty Box - Summer 2016

   What: Walmart Beauty Box contains samples of beauty products from major drugstore brands. Multiple versions are available for different age groups - this review is for the Trendsetter box.
When: Ships once a season (March, June, September, and December)
Cost: The box itself is free, but there is a $5 flat shipping fee

If you're looking for an affordable beauty subscription, you can't get much more affordable than Walmart Beauty Box. This box comes out once a season and is free; you just pay $5 shipping. Okay so I guess that means it's not actually free, but it's a great way to find out of there's a cheaper alternative to those big name beauty products you're currently using. The boxes arrive at the beginning of each season, and seeing as how today is the first day of summer, I'd say this one came right on time. 

Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Color & Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner - I think something similar to this came in a previous Walmart box. Same brand but for a different hair need. This shampoo/conditioner duo is made especially for color-treated hair. It contains Ultime-4-Complex - a unique combination of pearl essence, panthenol, refined protein and keratin - to keep hair protected and hair color looking fresh.

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub - I think this also came in one of last year's boxes. I'm not too disappointed though; I love apricot scrubs. And walnut scrubs. Anything abrasive. But if you have sensitive skin you might want to steer clear of anything using pits as a scrubbing agent because they can be pretty harsh. But oh! this smells heavenly.

Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Lotion - In my house there's a moisturizer in every room. My poor husband suffers from incredibly dry itchy skin that no doctor can seem to relieve. So far plain ol' Vasoline has done better at quelling the itchiness than all those fancy prescriptions. It helps for a couple of hours but since he uses it so often it's been making his skin break out. This lotion is water-based but also contains micro-droplets of petroleum jelly to give you the best of both worlds. I hope it works!

Lady Gaga Fame Eau de Parfum - Meh. Another thing that came in one of last year's boxes. I'm not a huge fan of perfume unless it's fruity or sweet. But here's the scent breakdown in case you're interested:
Top Notes: honey, apricot; 
Middle Notes: saffron, orchid, belladona; 
Base Notes: incense, musk

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup - Medium - I'll be the first to tell you that my legs are far from flawless. They're too short and covered in scars from surfing and sports and surgery. But they're perfect to me because it shows my eventful childhood and is the first thing lots of people notice about me (I guess I just have an average face, haha). I'll use lotion to deal with dry skin on my legs but other than that, I'm leaving these stems alone.

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Toothpaste - Clean Mint - Toothpaste is something we go through really quickly so I'm glad we've been getting some in the past couple boxes. Just a heads up though that whitening toothpastes are not for everyone. If you have sensitive teeth or gums, toothpastes with baking soda or hydrogen peroxide may cause teeth to hurt or gums to bleed or develop abrasions.

Incoco Coconut Nail Art Nail Polish Appliques - Desert Rose - Squeee! I love getting anything to do with nail polish and I've recently started collecting nail polish strips. Zero mess and dry time = more time to get things done. One problem though: I SUCK at trimming those guys. There must be a secret that I haven't learned yet..? Oh well, practice makes perfect.

While I am underwhelmed at the number of repeats in this box, the non-repeat items make up for it since I'll be using most of them. The nail strips themselves are worth $5 so at least I made up what I paid to get the box. I'm also excited to see if the Vaseline lotion is finally the answer to my husband's itch woes, and I'm more than happy to put off buying toothpaste for a bit. :)

There are still more summer boxes available! Click here to sign up. This review was for the Trendsetter box, but you could get a Classic version according to which age group you fall in. Some people reported being able to select which box they got but for some reason I wasn't able to do that from my account.

Note: All opinions contained within this post are my own. Post does not contain any referral links.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also terrible at trimming those nail things. I even tried watching some YouTubes and I still can't get it right. I've seen a lot of variations on these boxes but it seems like the Trendsetter one has more products than the Classic. At least this time around. Haha! The boxes are underwhelming but for $5 its sort of worth it not to have FOMO...

    ReplyDelete