Monday, July 25, 2016

Ipsy Review - July 2016

What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

I was pleasantly surprised this month when my glam bag came in about two weeks before expected (it usually arrives the last week of the month; I just haven't gotten around to posting until now). I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the bag it screamed Christmas at me. I thought those were peppermint candies dotting an iridescent background. Which I actually thought was pretty darn adorable. Then I realized those were umbrellas. Ohhhh. That makes sense. But it's what's on the inside that counts, right? Well let's see...

J. Cat Beauty Perfect Duo Brow Pencil - Dark Brown (0.25g full size value: $4) - Up first is a brow pencil. It has a retractable tip and the formula is buildable so you can add just a touch of color, or a lot if your brows are on the darker side. This pencil also features a little spoolie on the opposite end to keep your eyebrow hairs in check. 
J Cat Perfect Duo Brow pencil in Dark Brown
...and here's a swatch

Trust Fun Beauty Nail Polish - No Filter (0.57oz full size value: $15) - I love getting nail polishes, and I love that this is a subtle lavender color that's appropriate for work. I'll probably pair this with a gray and make some chic nail art (or try to).

Mellow Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow - Coco (0.10oz full size value: $8) - I'm a big fan of baked eyeshadows. I love that they're pigmented and buildable and shimmery without the fallout. And like mineral shadows, you can wear it dry for a daytime look or wet for more intensity. Coco is a shimmery chocolate color that looks more bronze to me. I normally pass on the bronze stuff since I have so much, but since it's baked shadow I'm gonna hold on to it. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this one!
Mellow eye shadow in Coco: wet (top) and dry (bottom) swatches
Eva NYC Get Glossed! Hair Serum (0.4oz value: $4) - I don't know why, but I always think hair serums smell divine. And that's why I tend to hoard them. But my hair's been behaving lately so I haven't been using them. That can only mean it's time for a haircut. My hair only gets frizzy when it's above mid-back length. Any longer and the weight of it pulls it down flat. Maybe I'll cut my hair just so that my hair gets frizzy and I can use my hair serums and snifff them :D

Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Mascara (2.5ml value: $7) - It's a mascara. Meh. Supposedly these bristles are densely packed to coat every lash and give you added volume. I rarely wear mascara, and I already have my favorite one for when I do so I have no idea how well this works because I probably won't use it.
Dense bristles = lots of volume?

July's glam bag: yay or nay? Well even though I'm not over the moon about anything, I can still use three out of the five items so I guess that's a yay? I should really stop hoarding hair serums and nail polishes though (in fact I think I already have a really similar color) but I. can't. help. it. Does that make it an addiction? :D

If you haven't subscribed to Ipsy before and you have a few bucks lying around, I really recommend trying it out. At least for a couple months to see if you like it. Click here to sign up. It's just $10 a month which makes it one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions out there.

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment