Thursday, July 7, 2016

Ipsy Review - June 2016


What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

Summer's in full swing and Ipsy wants us to be rebels. Non-conforming, edgy, badass rebels. June's graffiti-covered makeup bag might help to make you feel a little rebellious:

ClariSEA  Deep Pore Detox Activated Charcoal Exfoliating Mask (1 oz value: $4.50)- I will never say no to charcoal and clay masks. This mask contains activated bamboo charcoal and kaolin clay, plus powdered salt crystals for exfoliation. It can also be used as a cleanser - just mix it with your regular cleanser and voila - instant cleansing clay. Just be careful not to create too much air current as the consistency is super fine.

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Trimony - in Matt Kumar (single pan value: $4) - Unlike the Meet Matt(e) Nude shades, the Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette is theBalm's special occasion matte eye shadows. According to Ipsy, Matt Kumar is a matte cranberry color but I think it looks more like brick red. I have no idea how they come up with these names, but whoever Matt Kumar is, he's a lucky guy for getting to be part of so many girls' morning routines. I didn't think the color payoff was too intense, but it's buildable and three swipes looks like this:
Three swipes of theBalm's Meet Matt(e) Trimony eye shadow in Matt Kumar
Mirabella Magic Marker Eyeliner (1.8g full size value: $25) - I'm not very skilled when it comes to liquid eyeliner and my hand is far from steady. I was that kid who kept losing in Jenga. Always. I do love the packaging, though. Anything shiny or gray/gunmetal grabs my attention. But as far as using it, I think I'm going to stay in my pencil comfort bubble.

Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Cheeks Blush - Peach Pink (0.10oz value: $11) - Apologizes for my subpar picture-taking skills - this blush is more pink and less peach in real life. It's creamy and long-wearing to last all day. There's even a bit of sparkle in there to really get glowing. Me and sparkly face makeup don't really get along too well so maybe I can use this as an eye shadow?

Royal & Langnickel Crease/Smudge Brush (Value: ~$7) - The first thing I noticed about this brush is the rubber coating on the handle. Not that I have an ongoing problem with brushes slipping out of my hand otherwise, but it's a nice touch nonetheless. Plus it's my first blue brush. I love blue.

This month's bag was alright. Nothing blew me away but at least I got my money's worth out of the clay mask, eye shadow and brush. I'm not too sure what's so rebellious about these normal-looking makeup colors, though. On the bright side, I'm glad they didn't send me green or yellow makeup. I wouldn't know where to begin if I found those in my bag. 

Click here to sign up for Ipsy. It's just $10 a month which makes it one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions out there. Each bag's value far exceeds the price point and although you might not love everything each month, there's almost always something you'll like. In fact, it's been a couple years since I've actually gone out and bought makeup. Ipsy does that for me :)

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment