Friday, October 7, 2016

Ipsy Review - September 2016

What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

Ever since I started subscribing to Ipsy I no longer buy cosmetics at the store. And that's a good thing because that gets expensive fast. And it's a fun perk to get a new makeup bag each month. I use them to hold pretty much anything - pens, stickers, first aid kits. And sometimes even makeup ;) Here's this month's bag:
It completely eluded me at first, but on second glance I noticed that the four ladies spell out IPSY. Clever.

Now on to the contents!

Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme - I don't own any lip plumpers so this was a fun first for me. Apply the gel like you would lip gloss using the doe foot applicator, wait a few minutes and voila! You have fuller lips with a bit of color. No need to apply actual gloss later. Not to mention this smells yummy, too. I didn't notice much difference in terms of fullness but I did notice that my lips were pinker, even though it's not very obvious in the photo. It tingles a bit after application which is probably what brings about the color due to increased blood flow, which in turn will make your mouth appear swollen-- er, plump.  Just a side note that some people may be sensitive to the formula/tingling sensation so try it out on a small area first. 
My lips before (top) and after (bottom) applying Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme

Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Teaser - I can't find this exact shadow online, but it looks like a matte chestnut shade (sorry, photo added a whole lot of pink somehow). It's super close to my natural skin tone and I'll get a ton of use out of this because it'll give me that no-makeup makeup look which is what I go for when I'm at work. The formula is buildable and it's also easily blendable so it would make a nice canvas to build upon, too.
DLS eyeshadow in Teaser
Eau Thermale Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum - This serum contains Avene thermal spring water to relieve tightness and fine lines from parched skin. Good to keep in mind as the days get colder.

Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) 5-in-1 Styling Treatment - I have to admit, the term "PhD" sounds so much more fun when there's no books involved. This treatment smooths, volumizes, conditions, strengthens, and polishes hair which means more good hair days and less shedding. I could really benefit from the strengthening part - I need to sweep my bathroom everyday because my hair keeps breaking every time I brush it. It's amazing I still have any hair left on my head. 

tre'StiQue Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent - This is a cream-gel highlighter that glides on smoothly and leaves behind subtle shimmer. I'm sure it goes on lovely and blends well too, but I'm hesitant to put on anything that makes my oily face look dewy because the last thing I need is more shine. If I want contour I'll just use a light matte shadow. 

September Glam Bag Verdict: This may be my favorite Ipsy in a while because I'm actually looking forward to using more than half of the products. So far my favorite is definitely the Too Faced Lip Injection because it's so fun and smells good enough to eat! If you want to subscribe click here to sign up. Even if you don't like everything in your glam bag, I still think it's definitely worth $10. Besides, who knows, maybe next month will blow you away :)

Note: Post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment