Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ipsy Review - November 2016


What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping within the US)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.


Yay! It's officially the holiday season and this year I'm determined to be festive. Thanksgiving has come and gone but I'm still incredibly thankful for my loving family and friends. Who else would answer a text at 11 PM asking if I can swing by right now to pick up a bunch of plastic containers because I had a last minute idea to make a shit ton of shrinky dinks...by tomorrow? (The answer was yes, by the way *screams in delight*) I thank my lucky stars that my mom saves her plastic containers and that she was still up at eleven. Speaking of stars...
Check out this month's makeup bag - makeup constellations! I suppose if you look hard enough at the night sky you can make a constellation for anything. Like your pet hamster, perhaps. Or the ice cream sundae you're craving at the moment. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (0.17oz, value $14.50) - I'm not much of a mascara person, but apparently 8 out of 10 people (so 4 out of 5...I like to simplify things) say this is the best one they've used. Supposedly the hourglass-shaped wand grabs every single lash and coats it with wonderul black magic.

Luxie Rose Gold Small Duo Fiber Brush (value $12) - If you like the airbrushed makeup look, stipple brushes are the way to go. These brushes have two lengths of fibers (only the longer ones actually touch anything). Just dip the tip of the brush in some makeup, tap it on, and swirl to blend.

BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes To Go 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette (value $4) - At first I was kind of bummed to see all these metallic colors because I'm horrible at avoiding glitter fallout. And I'm pretty plain Jane so things like azure and...is that orange??...freak me out. But I swatched it anyway and it's not half as bad as I expected. Fallout is still a problem, but the colors aren't incredibly pigmented and actually look pretty once it's on my skin. And the orange? It's really more of a peach and to my surprise it was the closest to my natural skin tone. 
BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes To Go Palette swatches

Formula X Nail Polish in Huntress (4ml, value $4) - Although it looks black in the photo, this nail polish is supposed to be a deep iridescent emerald color with flecks of gold. I can see the gold and iridescence, but I honestly don't see anything emerald or green about it. Perhaps it's one of those that looks dark in the bottle but lighter once it dries...

Verb Ghost Oil (0.57oz, value $4) - With a name like ghost oil, I think this would have been perfect for last month's bag. This is a moringa oil blend that virtually disappears when you apply it to hair. Or that's what the company claims, anyway. If you promise me a disappearing act, you can bet I'm all ears. Or hair or whatever. But I was actually intrigued enough to try it right away. And just as the claims stated, I couldn't tell it was there. But hair oils rarely make my hair greasy so you  may not want to take my word to grave. Ha. Ghost oil, grave. *sigh* I'm still celebrating Halloween, I guess. 


November Glam Bag Verdict: I'm quite happy. I don't say that very often with Ipsy, but I'm saying it now. I'll probably get some use out of everything except the mascara, and even though that's the big ticket thing in here I still got my money's worth. The biggest surprise in here is the palette. Who knew I'd ever voluntarily whip out a palette with non-neutrals??! You really can't judge a book by its cover. Well played, Ipsy.

If you want lots of fun makeup that you wouldn't normally pick out yourself (like bold-looking palettes!) click here to sign up for Ipsy. At just $10 it's one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions you can find and the value you get is mind blowing!

Note: This post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment