Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ipsy Review - October 2016


What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products (mostly makeup) in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping within the US)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.


I have to apologize for this late post-Halloween post. I've been lazy and haven't been keeping up with sub boxes. Blame it on the lovely weather or candy overload or whatever, but I've been slacking. A LOT. But it's a new month now and I need to get October's stuff squared away so here's my overdue October (Halloween) Ipsy glam bag review!

First order of business: Is this not the cutest makeup bag you've ever seen?! It's so festive. Definitely in my Top 3. The pale pink with black is an awesome color combo, and those ghosts! There's absolutely nothing scary about them and that's what makes it so wonderful. Yup, I'm certainly going to be using this one even if it's no longer Halloween.

Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick in Mysterious Mocha (5.5 ml, value $15) - I'm a sucker for lipsticks that smell yummy and THIS ONE SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE. I'm completely suckered. This is a shiny lipstick (aka lipgloss) that moisturizes with Vitamin E, jojoba, and macadamia nut oil. There's even a mirror on the side so you can be sure to color within the lines. And if you buy the full size you'll also get a built-in LED light for extra help. The fact that I love the cocoa color makes this perfect for me. It's pretty pigmented but I think worn thinly it'll look great.
Cosmoholic Liquid Lipstick in Mysterious Mocha

Lottie London Perfectly Precise Eyeshadow Brush (value $22) - I can never have too many eye shadow brushes. It's one of the things I keep telling Ipsy I want more of and they keep sending them my way. Maybe they do listen to their feedback, after all. Not much else to say except that it's going straight to my brush collection right now. :)

Ciate Fierce Flicks Eyeliner (0.03oz, full size, value $19) - Does anybody else have a problem with felt tip eyeliners drying out on them? Within a couple of months the tip will be dried out and hard and unusable. Maybe it just means I don't use eyeliner enough? Anywho, this liner has one of those aforementioned precision felt tips but if you use it daily you should have no problem. But for now I'll stick to my gel-pencil types.

theBalm Cosmetics CabanaBoy Blush (0.02 oz, value $1.50) - This is described as a dusty rose blush with plum undertones. The color sounds perfect for me; it's more of a deeper pink. The only thing I don't care for is the subtle shimmer because it makes me look shiny, but if you're able to play well with shimmer then go for it!
theBalm Cosmetics CabanaBoy Blush

Sally's Box Aqua Moist Gel Cream (5 ml, value $4) - I love how gel creams moisturize without leaving my skin sticky and a little goes a long way. I use about half a dime size at night and that's enough to cover my face and decolletage with a little left to spare. That means this tiny 5 ml container is likely enough to last me two months if I use it once per day. (If you have drier skin though it might soak in faster so you may end up using a bit more)

October Glam Bag Verdict: There were five products this month and I'll end up using three of them so that's not too bad. I think my favorite is the lipstick because it smells like freakin' chocolate. My arm still smells like chocolate from the swatch and people must think I'm crazy because I keep sniffing my wrist. The aqua cream comes in second place, but I opened a 50ml container not too long ago and that one will last me well over a year. The makeup brush is nothing outstanding, but I always welcome eye shadow brushes and it will definitely be getting some use.

If you want to pick up a subscription click here to sign up. Ipsy glam bag is one of the most affordable beauty subscriptions and the value you get for just $10 is ahh-mazing!

Note: This post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment