Sunday, April 2, 2017

March 2017 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

What: Ipsy Glam Bag contains 5 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products in an exclusive makeup bag.
When: Glam Bags ship monthly on the 10th
Cost: $10/month (free shipping within the US)
Fun Extra: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints which can be redeemed for bonus items.

Happy March...errr, April! Apologies for not getting this post up in time. I've been holding onto this month's Ipsy in hopes that I'll get a chance to try a few of these items out buuut obviously that didn't happen. So here's a quick rundown of what I got in March's Ipsy glam bag before April becomes May. o_O

The makeup bag this month is a roomy square design that can easily fit your makeup tools, because isn't lack of makeup brush space the biggest gripe about these Ipsy bags? It is for me, anyway. I think the top is meant to flip over as in the photo above, but it's totally fine to leave it as a big ol' square which is what I'll probably end up doing. Or if you already have too many makeup bags it's chic enough to even double as a cute pale pink clutch!

theBalm Cosmetics Bahama Mama Bronzer (0.57g, $1.50 value) - This is a beautiful matte bronzer that is supposed to give the appearance of a real tan, not the orange-y fake 'n bake stuff. While I do agree that it's brown and not orange, I did find that it's very subtle. I guess that's a good thing, but to get the intensity shown in the swatch below I had to do about seven swipes of this stuff.

So Susan Blush & Glow in Rose Rust (full size, 3g, $23) - Blush & Glow is a luminizing blush that has multi-chromatic pigments (i.e. mica) that auto-adjust to match your skin tone. It's basically the same claim that practically every foundation makes but I have yet to find one that's true to its word and doesn't make my face look like it was on the receiving end of a unicorn fart regardless of how little I use. Since I won't be unwrapping this one, below is a photo of what the blush looks like:
Photo courtesy of www.sosusan.com
mPrincess Eyeshadow in Chestnut (full size, 1.7g, $15) - Chestnut is a metallic copper that edges on the side of brown. I have a love-hate relationship with glittery eyeshadows. Love the look, hate the fall out. Supposedly this has no such drawback but I've been known to bring out the idiot in idiotproof. :-/

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliant (0.25oz, $10 value) - Ah, an oldie but goodie. This is a scrub that uses aluminum oxide crystals to remove dead cells, leaving skin bright and smooth.  It really is quite abrasive so if you have sensitive skin I'd use this only maybe once a week.

Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer (1oz, $2.50 value) - Detangles. Nourishes. Strengthens. Softens. Fights frizz. Protects against damage. The list of this little bottle's benefits goes on. Spritz it on damp hair then style away without worrying about drying it out.


Verdict: Spring is in the air and this month's bag helps you get ready for the season. There's an exfoliant to brighten skin, blush and bronzer for contouring, a shimmery eyeshadow, and a hair protectant for the sunny days. I wasn't incredibly impressed but at least I can get some use out of the scrub and hair primer. And I guess the bronzer, too, though I might burn through it in just 10 uses.

Click here to sign up for Ipsy. It's just $10 per month for five items and it might even include a new favorite! :D

Note: This post contains referral links. All opinions expressed in this review are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment