Monday, July 24, 2017

Summer 2017 Walmart Beauty Box Review

    What: Walmart Beauty Box contains samples of beauty products from major drugstore brands. Multiple versions are available for different age groups - this review is for the Trendsetter box.
When: Ships once a season (March, June, September, and December)
Cost: The box itself is free, but there is a $5 flat shipping fee

Is it just me or is the year really flying by? It feels like only a few weeks ago that I received my spring Me Moment box in the mail. To be honest, I still haven't touched anything in that box because I'm still making my way through everything else I've accumulated over the months years. And then all of a sudden summer's box shows up! I should note that I do like these reusable boxes that Walmart has been sending lately. Their shipping boxes have always been on the sturdier side, but this is an actual box with a cover and minimal design so I can use it to neatly stash all my extras (*ahem* the tons of shampoos and lotion samples I've been getting) without it being an eyesore.

Speaking of shampoos...


Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Dream Care Shampoo & Conditioner - Pantene was the first shampoo/conditioner I picked out for myself growing up (I felt so independent and adult-like!) and I stuck with it all the way until I graduated from high school. I haven't used it since and it'll be nice to take a stroll down memory lane after all these years. This duo smells sooo good (but I find myself saying that for almost every shampoo and conditioner I come across). It's formulated to strengthen hair and lock in moisture to provide intense hydration to every strand.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - You can never have too many wipes! I keep a pack in my purse, one at work, and I even stash one in my truck for dog park days and use them to wipe my dogs' feet before they jump inside. They're gentle enough so they don't irritate Macho's paw pads (or my face) yet effective in getting off the dirt. 

Schwarzkopf Got2b Ultra Glued Invincible Styling Gel - I don't really know much about anything when it comes to hair gel except that it's goopy and sticky based on the last time I tried using one over 20 years ago. I'm sure gels have come a long way since then, and apparently they're no longer sticky or flaky, as this one claims. Oh, I have much to learn.

imPress Press-On One-Step Gel Manicure in Climb Higher - I can't find this nautical design on Walmart's website, but there are similar ones on there that I want to get my hands on, like now. These are adhesive press-on nails that can fool people into thinking you just spent $50 on a pretty gel mani. They're also supposedly waterproof so you shouldn't be losing nails one by one each time you take a shower. I'm kind of curious to test this claim because the last time I used press-on nails (with a glue) they started falling off after three days and I'm pretty sure my husband was traumatized when he glanced at my hand and saw some fingernails missing :O

Ecotools Mask Remover Sponges - Am I so far removed from the beauty scene that I didn't know people use sponges to remove masks? All this time I've just been splashing water on my face to wash it off. These reusable sponges are made with wood pulp to cleanly remove facial masks while exfoliating your skin.

And finally, the obligatory foil samples. I was actually curious to try out the makeup brush cleaner to see how it compares to soap and water. Annnd I'd still choose soap and water. The whole mixing gel and water for each brush thing was just too labor intensive and I didn't think it cleaned my brushes as well as soap and water does anyway.

Verdict: If it weren't for the adhesive nails then this box would be a bust value-wise. Aside from the shampoo/conditioner and facial wipes, I won't be getting much use out of anything in here, but I will be heading to Walmart to see what other mani designs they have so I guess I could count that as a win. It wasn't nearly as impressive as the Me Moment box, though. I guess I'll wait and see what fall will bring!

You can subscribe to Walmart Beauty Box by clicking here. The fall boxes start shipping in September, so sign up soon to get your name in on time!

Note: All opinions contained within this post are my own. Post does not contain any referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment